question about 2 week postpartum checkup?

why do i need a 2 week postpartum check up i never heard of this before with my first son i just had a regular 6 week check up this time i have to have a 2 week check up and the a 6 week check up i didn't have any complications or anything with my labor and delivery

Update:

it is for me

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Unless there were complications or extreme blood loss...I can't see the reason for it...I've never heard of it.

Source(s): ER RN/Mother of 3
  • 1 decade ago

I had a 2 week check up and a 6 week check up. The 2 week was because i had a 3rd degree, almost 4th degree tear, and my doctor was checking that I was healing correctly. Other than that I have no clue as to why they'd have you go to a 2 week check up.

• 1 decade ago

The baby providing no complictions is a 2 week check up and the women is a 6 week check up! You are not close to healed so they are not suppose to check you down there at all! If you had a c- section then that would be it!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would call and ask...usually baby has a 2 week check up but not mom. If you see no reason to go, then I wouldn't go, just wait and go for your 6 week recheck. Good luck!

Source(s): A nurse and a Momma of a 2 year old and 12 week old
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

sounds wierd to me, did u have this baby very close to ur other 1, if so maybe they wanna discuss ur contraception options...idk just an idea i guess, it might be a new schedule they have for postpartum??? have fun there anyway! lol

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

idk

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.