question about 2 week postpartum checkup?

why do i need a 2 week postpartum check up i never heard of this before with my first son i just had a regular 6 week check up this time i have to have a 2 week check up and the a 6 week check up i didn't have any complications or anything with my labor and delivery

it is for me

Favorite Answer

Unless there were complications or extreme blood loss...I can't see the reason for it...I've never heard of it.

Source(s): ER RN/Mother of 3

I had a 2 week check up and a 6 week check up. The 2 week was because i had a 3rd degree, almost 4th degree tear, and my doctor was checking that I was healing correctly. Other than that I have no clue as to why they'd have you go to a 2 week check up.

The baby providing no complictions is a 2 week check up and the women is a 6 week check up! You are not close to healed so they are not suppose to check you down there at all! If you had a c- section then that would be it!

I would call and ask...usually baby has a 2 week check up but not mom. If you see no reason to go, then I wouldn't go, just wait and go for your 6 week recheck. Good luck!

Source(s): A nurse and a Momma of a 2 year old and 12 week old

sounds wierd to me, did u have this baby very close to ur other 1, if so maybe they wanna discuss ur contraception options...idk just an idea i guess, it might be a new schedule they have for postpartum??? have fun there anyway! lol

idk