What do i do when my microphone won't...?

I've been using a microphone that is a few years old for a couple of months now, but not every time i try to use it to record audio in a video and for other things my computer registers it as nothing happening, i've done a lot of things but if anyone knows what is wrong i would please like to know

I also believe my sound card is:

Sigma Tel Audio, or maybe it was mixer

also it is NOT a usb mic it plugs into a spot in my Dell Vostro 1000 laptop like a pair of headphones would

Favorite Answer

The program you are using has not capture the microphone or you need to open the audio mixer board and see if one of levels is set to minimum. Could also check the options in the video recorder to see if there is any sound adjustments.

You can check your microphone by running a diagnostic audio check with Windows Troubleshooter.

Ron

Well its sounds like its definatly broke, if its a high use mic, chances are thers a breken connection somewhere in the cable thats messing it up, not really eassily fixable if thats the case, but try it on another pc to rule out the usb port.