Tori asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

I have a great fear of growing up, any advice?

Im 17 years old and im afraid of getting older. everyone is talking about graduation and college and careers and moving out. im freaking out!! i have no idea what im gonna do with my life, completely clueless, any advice??

Favorite Answer

I believe everyone is good at something. It doesn't matter if you don't know right away because sooner or later you will find out what you have a passion for. It's best to try out different things to see what your good at and look back at what you always liked. It usually always comes back to that. If you like books, you might like writing. I always liked reading, and I found out I like writing freestyle. You can look to the future, but remember to live for the present. Focus on what your doing now and don't let the future scare you. You need to stay calm and focus on your ambition, even if you don't know yet. Focus on what you really want to do; what you feel you've always liked and what you believe you will always like.

Most 17 year olds...18,19,20,12,22,23,24,25,26, year olds don't really know what they want to do with their life.

If you're going to college, some let you enter as undeclared and most let you change majors after you've been admitted.

There's still a lot of people to help you at in life right now. You should talk to the school counselor about opportunities which might help you decide what you want to do.

grow up and get a life. Want to do what I did? I joined the Marines. you can stay home and whack off in mamas closet until you get kicked out at age 30, or pull your head out of your posterior and go do life.

• GBmac

you are not alone. Start with looking at things that interest you. use those things to find careers you may like. then look for colleges that specialize in that career area. Doing anything that will help you with your future will make you feel more confident and less lost, and overall, less stressed.

• ?

With understanding fear fades. Learn about things as time passes and you will slip into it like other before you.

don't. who says you have to grow up!