i have a big problem i cant find my birth certificate i have a social society card and a baptismal paper?

both of my parents are dead and no one remembers any thing can some tell me what i can do

9 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    You can contact the county registrar or even the state and get a copy. Just give them all the info you have and your social etc.

  • 1 decade ago

    If you know the name of the hospitial you were born in then you can call them and they will send you a copy or you can go to the town hall of the town you were born in they will have a copy, or you can get it through the state department, although that will most likely take a lot longer. I would start out at the hospital to were born in and go from there. Especially if you need it asap. You will be more likely to get it quicker from the hospital or town hall then any other place. The bigger the place you try to get it from the longer it will take you. Especially when you involve the state department. I hope this helps you out! :)

  • 1 decade ago

    First you must determine the state or area where you were born. If you know that then all you have to do is visit the CDC government website and click on that state. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/w2w.htm

    It will then give you all the info you need to obtain a copy of your birth certificate.

    *Note*- You will have to pay a fee for the copy of your birth certificate.

  • 1 decade ago

    Whatever state your were born in will have a department of records, you can file an application with them to obtain another birth certificate.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    This is easy. Go to Vitalchek.com and order a certified copy of your Birth Certificate. It will have the raised seal and be valid to use. They will deliver it no matter what state you're in.

  • 1 decade ago

    How did you get your driver's license if you have one? I'd contact your state Dept. of Health and Human Services or some other dept dealing with records. I know in my state, all you need is your driver's license and one other form of picture ID, you go to a state building in a bigger city and they will guide you. Call them and ask. Don't panic.

  • 1 decade ago

    There is tons of websites where you can get assistance in finding info on your parents and the hospital in which you were born...

  • 1 decade ago

    you can get another birth ceritficate if you have your social. so your fine.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    contact your local government.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.