Opinion on Nasa bombing the moon?

Ok i know nasa sent the spacecraft into the moon already, i want to know how other people felt about this. I personally am curious if it has water in it, but i think 79million is a bit..retarded...I believe Nasa things their job is a bit to much fun.

Favorite Answer

The Moon was suspected of having weapons of mass destruction, just like Iraq didn't in 2003. After repeated warnings from the US to surrender their weapons, American President Obama ordered a pre-emptive attack against the Moon. NASA bombed the Moon to protect America from Moon-based aggression. President Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his visionary Moon bombing.

• Erika

The headline is misguided - that would desire to be a universal, the place a information company reported something sensational and became into incorrect. that is not a bomb - no explosives of any sort. Its surprising how each physique is too lazy to get even the person-friendly information of a narrative perfect. The LCROSS undertaking will crash a small, empty rocket booster into the moon on Oct 9 at 11:30 UTC to examine the debris for signs and indicators of water on the moon (as hinted at by ability of Clementine and LRO). it will make a crater approximately 20 meters huge and four meters deep. you won't care if there is water on the moon, yet whilst people initiate prolonged missions and construct bases on the moon, water would be a effectual commodity with the aid of fact it could be too high priced to transport water from the Earth. you're of direction entitled on your opinion - and is not any longer it super that the scientific community is extra open-minded approximately exploration.

I really think that the funds should have been used some where else. When NASA does find water and ice, what are they even going to do after that? Nothing? What a waste of money when many Americans are out of jobs and are left with no homes.

It was an experiment to test the habitability of the moon.

I think it is worthwhile.

So many of you may be thinking- what are we doing (at least the scientific community) if the earth will end on 2012?

If an extinction meteor was to strike the earth from space- will we all die out?

Well sweetheart- this an experiment to see if we can find water on the moon. If there is water, maybe there is a possibility to create a colony on the moon.

bombing is a stupid term. Google it. The moon was not bombed.

$79 million is nothing, a big corporation can lose that much money every day for years on end...

Anyway, I think the project was mainly funded by Lockheed Martin,

NASA should get MORE funding,

If you want to whinge about your governments spending, look at the ridiculous cost of the Iraq war which has been costing around 10 billion a month or over $230 000 a minute..

79m is a low figure considered in government terms, and water on the moon IS good to know. I'd consider this a 1-shot for knowledge and data and just forget about it, worry only if they want to do it on a regular basis :) The info is probably useful for future planning, so it's not a total waste.

This was real science trying to answer a question that will help us in our exploration of space. The data will be analyzed and many answers along with new questions will come from this experiment. 79 million isn't a high price tag for space exploration. Actually it's quite low.

Huge waste of money. Typical government foolishness. NASA should be funded with bake sales. Let those who think it's worthwhile volunteer their money and leave mine in my wallet.

The fact that it didn't even work really peeves me off. If there is water on the moon by now it's probably polluted from all the junk we've left up there.

I think it was stupid. They wasted money, and they could have broken the moon in half, and then life on earth would be impossible.