can anybody be seriously racist?

all the people that i've known that have made racist comments, or said a racist joke had atleast one friend of the race they were talking about. for example; one of my friends were making racist jokes against asians [i'm white & so is he] but his best friend since 3rd grade is korean. wtf? its hypocritical to me. since i hang with mostly asians and whites & the guy i'm in love with is asian; i could never disrespect them like that.

lol i don't know, whats your opinion on this?

• MindyM
    Favorite Answer

Well, you can defintely be racist and have "friends" of other races -- I mean racist crap runs deep.... it can be kinda sub-conscious w/ some people. So, they can have "friends" of other races, but they don't really see race regarding that particular person, because they know them and are familiar w/ them.... but as soon as it's a stranger or just the whole racial group in general -- then their racist feelings can come out, because ALL they see is race in that sense -- they don't look at the people they don't know as individuals. People really need to look inside themselves and see what racial stuff might be in them -- people spend so much time denying that they have racial issues, they never really examine their own thoughts or really ask themselves if they have issues w/ race or not -- so it just kind of lays there... in their sub-conscious -- until it pops out in certain circumstances. That's what I think, anyway.

I'm Asian... I'll tell you right now, that if I said a "racist" joke to another Asian friend, they probably wouldn't be offended. If it's some random person, then they might be. But I wouldn't want non-Asians telling jokes like that to me - especially if I don't know them. Some of my non-Asian friends will tell me beforehand that it is an off color joke just in case I MIGHT be offended.

But I'll also say that there are people who are a lot more racist than just saying bad comments or jokes.... Some people will resort to violence and that's definitely a problem.

You can be racist and not know the depths of your racism. I say things about other races..really mean things. But I truley like just about every race. It jsut depends on the event, the person or how I'm feeling at the moment. I know...its sad

Uncle Rukus

some people have a wrong idea of racism..having a preference or craking some jokes on races does not always mean that ur racist..bt to deliberetly discriminate and hurt one due to their race is racism..thats my opinion though!!.

Have you ever heard of this guy named Adolf Hitler?

He was most likely the biggest racist of the 20th Century.

I think its okay. I have a friend thats white and Muslim from Montenegro .. she is extremely racist .. like she constantly says the n word and asks why did god make them, and I preach her by saying " We're all Muslim, we're all one " and etc. I want to change this in her.

that's noticeably stupid that a party of "truthers," could truthfully attempt to throw stones at every physique else. each party has its kooks and you will attempt that attitude next election, yet i think of the Dem. protests and the tantrums filmed will do extremely some injury. properly, that and the entire broken delivers, outright lies, situation. Gitmo-nevertheless open. Wars- nevertheless going. Transparency- none to be discovered. expenses? do not could desire to envision them, in simple terms deliver them on by. u.s. desperate final Nov.

To be honest with you, Being a racist is not a bad thing. It only means one is for there own race...Thats normal with humanity.

Thats why god made different nationalities... And he chose the Israelites over all other nations, so what does that make god?

• Jay

I'm black and I had a white friend who was racist against blacks.

Isn't that weird?

Also back in slavery times, whites hated blacks but that didn't stop them from eating black people's food, raping black women, and allowing their white babies to drink the breast milk of black mothers.

Isn't that crazy?!!