Ladies do any of you think the 'Troll' accusations have gotten out of hand in the Preg and Parenting section?

I keep reading questions that are a little sad and weird, but totally possible. A lot of these questions would involve situations that would be really hurtful or hard for the asker to talk about, and the askers are being shot down as trolls. I think it is unfair to assume that these people are lying and it really bothers me that this is happening. Anyone else with me on this?

Favorite Answer

no i think it's ironic that you have a troll that spammed you.a troll is a troll and if it posts a question about having sex with it's brother and it claims it's 5 years old it's most likely a troll

Absolutely! I think as a general rule in the answers community if you don't have anything helpful to say, don't say anything at all. Too many users don't follow this rule.

Just recently I was called a Troll and attacked by a user because my account is new so "must be fake". Then they provided "PROOF" I'm a troll because I share contacts with another user they apparently don't get on with. It's all become ridiculously out of hand. I wish I could go back to yesterday when I didn't even know what a troll was in this context. :(

Sometimes people recognize the name of the one asking the questions - for example - if the same person asks for help naming his quadruplets, then an hour later is talking about having sex with his sister - you know it isn't genuine!

I agree. Sometimes weird things happen. That's why a lot of people use Q&A modules like this, to be anonymous.