Ji
Ji asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 decade ago

Why does daughters need dads around?

What are the things that only dads provide? Thank you..

Favorite Answer

He is her main protector. A dad teaches his daughter about love that she will take with her to her future relationships. If a woman has a good relationship with her dad, she will most likely have a good relationship with her boyfriend or husband. It isn't taught, it is shown by his words, feelings, emotions, actions...everything.

Ok to be honest this is a sexist question.

But to be clear I don't think that there really needs to be a father in the picture but if at all possible two parents can sometimes be better then one. It teaches a child about love.

Single mothers and fathers have kids that grow up fine and have healthy relationships. As well as gay and lesbian parents.

A strange fact though is that children of gay and lesbian couples do better in life then those of heterosexual parents. The verdict is not in yet as to why this is but it says to me that actively hetersexual parents need to step up to the plate more.

Daughters need their dads to teach them what to expect from a man. The idea is they have a good father to teach them about what a good man is suppose to be like.

Why do sons need mothers around? You really don't find this question unbelievably sexist?

A dad shows a daughter how she should expect future boyfriends and her husband how to treat her. It's revealing that so many women seem so accepting of horrific behavior by men which apparently is relative to how many of them had little to no positive male role models in their lives.

I guarantee if I asked this the other way around I would be called names by all the moms here. Actually I am gonna ask and see what I get.

All children deserve their mother AND their father.

to put the bike together

Source(s): not all dads ..are dad worthy some are drunken abusive pricks