Akkita
Akkita asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Does it seem like Obama is pandering over "don't ask-don't tell" - he really doesn't like groups mad at him?

It seems strange that of all the issues out there - this is the one Obama is going to take hold of and run....

How about Afghanistan ?

Even though it doesn't seem like it troops are dying there

What about Iraq?

Even though months have past we are still there

Iran ? North Korea?

The Taliban in Pakistan?

A lot of things just seem more important. Maybe I don't see the

forest for the trees so I am asking opinions

Favorite Answer

I think he is already thinking about re-election,,

he wants the gay vote.

yes, maybe a psychoanalyst can answer your question better than any of us.

Ivan-(one of your answers) said this and its worth repeating

"He seems to concentrate on things of little consequence to win political points but neglects making the really hard decisions."

I will venture a guess- This is all a part of the game plan- the "real " mission of his quest,

He remains true to this quest- no important work or pressing issues on the table will not take his focus away from this goal. He keeps his eyes on this end goal.

He will be interested and therefore pander only in fluffy things that make him look good. He will avoid anything that will make him "dirty" or be associated with less than being a king of the world...?

Now he will try to work people's weaknesses against them to insinuate himself in power trades, maybe he smells an opportunity in this? To gain himself an insider role?

|I am only guessing

I think he's been stung by the recent criticism that he hasn't lived up to a single election promise. The gay policy was one was one that he talked about frequently & even many left-wing commentators have been giving him a dig over his lack of action. He's obviously picked it as a box he can tick.

But you're right. He seems to concentrate on things of little consequence to win political points but neglects making the really hard decisions.