Rob asked in Science & MathematicsEngineering · 1 decade ago

Are you saying there is potential difference if there is more charges?

Quote charge is nothing

there are just two things one is excess of electrons and other is lack of electrons when i say i apply a potential difference i apply voltage of opposite polarity.

the atoms in a molecule don't stay neutral some gain electrons some loose electrons but overall they are neutral but when a potential difference is applied then the positive ones are attracted towards the negative side and negative ones are attracted towards the positive side

the whole of molecule is neutral until voltage is applied

Are you saying too many electrons or lack of electrons is potential difference ? How do you count the many electrons or lack of electrons is that called voltage ?

How do they had those electrons or lack of electrons ? Is a charge a electrons or lack of electrons ?

Do they count how many charges are at A and B point

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Having waded through your muddled details, I find a bunch of confusion that is partly related to the difference between static and conduction electricity. By the time one is talking about voltage potential there are millions and billions of electrons. Voltage in conduction is the result of moving electrons (current) against a resistance. In static electricity, the balance of electrons is shifted on the surface, not in the molecules and the shift across the body is a great cloud of electrons, not one or two in orbits. Electrons flowing in wires come from some source, either they are pushed by magnetic forces (as in a generator) or result from chemical reactions from ions being formed and discharged.

So you need to do more studying.

• 1 decade ago

This is on voltage and potential difference. The electrons move from atom to atom and are said to have greater potential if they have more electrons in reference to some area with fewer electrons. Too many or lack of is just a potential difference, the negative or positive sign indicates the polarity of the difference.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.