Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

So I need an answer on Why Most of R&P Hate?

Creed, also someone said that most People don't like Nu-Metal (P.O.D. and Linkin Park and Korn etc.)....Why Don't You Like these bands...Please be specific

Update:

Hmmm, I understand Yall so far, but I don't understand How this has become a General Consensus

Update 2:

@Macy, I appreciate the Generalization about the fan part.....you basically called me obnoxious.....

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Nu metal for a lot of people represents the tipping point in the late 90's when everything on the radio became soulless and vapid and marketed solely to the lowest common denominator. For me it's certainly the thing that caused me, in eighth grade, to look for better music elsewhere.

• 1 decade ago

I don't like Linkin Park After the Minutes to Midnight album. That album SUCKED. But Before then, they were cool.

• Qeq
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

They all have a very bland, lame, "safe" sound. Some of their music doesn't interest me nor do I find it enjoyable to listen to. Some of the lyrics are cringe-worthy (Creed) but maybe I'm just too finicky. ;)

EDIT: Nu-Metal is, in my opinion, a very commercialized genre hence the backlash.

• 1 decade ago

Nu-Metal is hated because it's not metal, yet people claim it's metal. Most of it is much closer to alternative Rock.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The later three are some of my personal favorite's. Creed suck's for one reason and one reason only, Scott Stapp.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

their music is bland and soulless and their fans are obnoxious. That's my opinion at least.

and I despise Creed with a good portion of my soul, just so you know. They just annoy me incessantly.

• 1 decade ago

linkin park is not good because they are rap rock

its because nu-metal has rap and hip hop its not metal its a mix of it i hate it

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it's not what i'd listen to. hate is a pretty strong word though, it's not like you're talking about van halen or journey...

• 1 decade ago

I dont like the way they sound.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.