Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

So I need an answer on Why Most of R&P Hate?

Creed, also someone said that most People don't like Nu-Metal (P.O.D. and Linkin Park and Korn etc.)....Why Don't You Like these bands...Please be specific

Hmmm, I understand Yall so far, but I don't understand How this has become a General Consensus

@Macy, I appreciate the Generalization about the fan part.....you basically called me obnoxious.....

Favorite Answer

Nu metal for a lot of people represents the tipping point in the late 90's when everything on the radio became soulless and vapid and marketed solely to the lowest common denominator. For me it's certainly the thing that caused me, in eighth grade, to look for better music elsewhere.

I don't like Linkin Park After the Minutes to Midnight album. That album SUCKED. But Before then, they were cool.

• Qeq

They all have a very bland, lame, "safe" sound. Some of their music doesn't interest me nor do I find it enjoyable to listen to. Some of the lyrics are cringe-worthy (Creed) but maybe I'm just too finicky. ;)

EDIT: Nu-Metal is, in my opinion, a very commercialized genre hence the backlash.

Nu-Metal is hated because it's not metal, yet people claim it's metal. Most of it is much closer to alternative Rock.

The later three are some of my personal favorite's. Creed suck's for one reason and one reason only, Scott Stapp.

their music is bland and soulless and their fans are obnoxious. That's my opinion at least.

and I despise Creed with a good portion of my soul, just so you know. They just annoy me incessantly.

linkin park is not good because they are rap rock

its because nu-metal has rap and hip hop its not metal its a mix of it i hate it

it's not what i'd listen to. hate is a pretty strong word though, it's not like you're talking about van halen or journey...

I dont like the way they sound.