How do I remove Silly Puddy from a wool sweater?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Lay the piece of clothing with the Silly Putty on it onto a flat surface and stretch the material until it is taut. It is important to have the material taut as it makes the process of removing the Silly Putty much easier.

Step 2Depending on the size of the Silly Putty that is adhered to the clothing, you will need to soak a cotton ball or the tip of a cotton swab in rubbing alcohol. Once you have the cotton soaked with the alcohol, press it into the Silly Putty to transfer as much of the alcohol into the putty as possible. If necessary, repeat this step several times until the Silly Putty is thoroughly covered with rubbing alcohol.

Step 3While ensuring that the material is still taut, gently scrape at the Silly Putty with a butter knife. The majority of the Silly Putty should come off the first time. You may need to reapply more rubbing alcohol and then repeat this step.

Step 4Once the Silly Putty has been removed completely from the clothing, launder the clothing item as usual.

Source(s): ehow.com
  • 5 years ago

I tried the ice and the rubbing alcohol with no result. It was neon yellow Silly Putty on a merino wool sweater. WD-40 worked the miracle.

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

you are able to would desire to scratch it off with a Popsicle stick or some thing like that. have you ever tried slightly oops, goo long gone, or some thing like that on a q-tip? As a final hotel i might take out the batteries and use a rag with goo long gone or toddler oil or some thing like that. If all else fails you will probable would desire to bypass get a familiar distant to change yours.

• 1 decade ago

go to the store and buy "Goo Gone" it comes in a clear plastic bottle, the liquid is yellow in color. it works great on all sorts of spills/stains/prorblems..

good luck

Source(s): me mother
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Put it in the freezer and let it get hard, it should peel off.

• 1 decade ago

easy

hair dryer max heat

• 1 decade ago

try peanut butter

• 1 decade ago

You don't

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.