Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 decade ago

Senior citizens what can I do to alleviate the cold when planning on stay in the outdoors for a few days?

I am talking about 20-35 degree nights and that is not including the wind chill

Update:

I will be carrying some equipment but there will be no tent

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Dress to match the Temperature and do not go for long periods of time without eating. Hot meals are a plus. My animals do well out in the cold weather if they have plenty to eat and keep their belly's full.

Source(s): Texan
  • -
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I would be bringing some spicy food, spices such as ginger, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and cloves (and others) help increase circulation and warm the body. I have been using ginger for that for over 15 years now. A cup of hot spicy chai tea is always warming for me. When I was in Morocco last winter I was served a variety of warming foods. For breakfast in the rural areas there was a cooked cereal (wheat or corn) and it had a few cayenne peppers cooked in it. And every hour or two the women would offer me a spiced drink such as ginger coffee, both of those really helped on the coldest days with no heat.

• 1 decade ago

Are you going on a stake out? Layer your clothing & keep our head covered. Take some of those pocket hand warmers that you just smack & crush to get some heat. Bring a nice little propane heating device to keep your coffee or other hot drinks on hand! You should bring a small tent or nylon "tarp". They don't weigh that much. What's another pound when you are carrying 30 kilos on your back anyway? lol!

• 1 decade ago

Are you going to be in temper mountains, above tree line many factors to figure in. I have panned for gold from the desert to mountains in Colorado.

Warm socks

lace up shoes

thermo under ware

wool hat or equivalent

Artic sleeping bag.

energy snacks

try the site below

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Layer your clothing and think water proof. A sleeping bag with plenty of insulation and also water proof. Good boots and sox with snow mobile mittens. Mittens keep your hands warmer than gloves.

• Jan
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Bring along some warm hearted democrats

• jd
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Sounds like hunting season. I would wait until Spring.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Dress warmly.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A good sleeping bag, duh!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.