Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

Is it ok if I just feed my betta blood worms?

I can't get him to eat anything else. I try the pellets and flakes and he'll grab the pellet and spit it out.... I know that blood worms aren't the most nutritious thing but i don't want him to starve. How can I get him to eat the pellets?

I think it may be the pellets, it's a cheap Walmart brand called wardley. I'm gonna buy him some hikari ****. **** cheap food.

• Miki
    Favorite Answer

Blood worms are great for a varied diet. Try another brand of pellets because bettas can be picky over the brand. Try to find one with more meat than other ingredients.

My guess is that he will eventually eat the flakes or pellets if he is hungry enough.I've never had a fish that was a picky eater though XD

• ?

you can try making them smaller by crushing them with a hammer in a plastic bag or you can soak them in water a little while before you feed him. if you only feed him blood worms he will love you but he will eventually die from lack of vitamins

Source(s): i did this with my betta when he wouldnt eat pellets