Do you think that religion does more harm than good?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Find a way to ask a Witch from the 1600's.

• 1 decade ago

yes. Putting aside physical things, such as war, religion damages people personally. It costs people friends and family. It hurts technological advance, as they are busy fighting it (ie,stem cells) or keeping the attention scientists who might be working on other things, but have to defend the evidence to the religious instead. And on a personal level, how much discrimination and other emotional damages can be traced back to religion?

I don't think you could ever tally the damage religion has done. So yes, it might make you feel warm and fuzzy, but it's just an illusion that costs the rest of the world far too much.

• askme
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

No...

People do harm in the name of religion, however the religion itself if followed correctly, should not bring any harm.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, what crazy people make of religion does more harm than good.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes. More pain and misery has been inflicted on the world in the name of religion than by any other agent. I agree with John Lennon.

• 1 decade ago

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Religion hung Jesus on the cross.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

To single person, no. Believing in something is good.

To people in general, yes. Because some people just cant get over the fact that other people believe something different, and seem to think that their way is the only way (causing fights, wars, ect.)

It divides people.

• 1 decade ago

I think, religion is impartial, dormant and a helpless witness,

in fact it is the false human ego or lack of human conscience that is responsible for doing good or bad.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Absolutely.

• 1 decade ago

Of course it does. Religion brings out the worst in people that are already delusional.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.