Limited or no connectivity! Help?

So i got this message 2 days ago out of nowhere and my computer can no longer connect to the internet.

all the wireless laptops and ipods can still connect to the router/internet with no problem.

other wired computers can also connect to the internet.

its only my comp that wont work.

I also got this 169.254.... ip that doesn't belong

i tired changing cables but the result was the same. help

i Have a desktop and my firewall wasn't changed

Favorite Answer

Computer isn't receiving DHCP offers. Make sure there were not any changes in your firewall. Also, allow the zone for your LAN whatever the subnet used to be (typically 192.168.1.1-192.168.1.255).

Did you move the wire to a different receptacle on the router? Have you looked to see if there are any updated drivers, and installed them? If so, and you still can't connect, that leaves only one thing, the LAN card in your computer has probably gone bad. Although the LAN card may be built into the motherboard If that's the case, just buy another PCI LAN card, disable the internal LAN card in the BIOS, install the new LAN card and drivers, and you will be good to go.

the 169.254 is a unique ip used by printers and such.

email me and I will help you fix it