Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Who is the best PF in the NBA right now?

Does anyone know?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, for me Tim Duncan is a true Center playing at PF....

So, Im going to say that Pau Gasol is the best PF right now.

------------------------------------

• 1 decade ago

Garnett or Duncan, two of the best PF of all time. But apart from them there are players like Nowitzki, Bosh, Amare and Big Al.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Dirk Nowitzki

Tim Duncan

Kevin Garnett

Chris Bosh

Amare Stoudemire

• 1 decade ago

Amar'e Stoudemire

He can dominate inside the paint and dunk on anybody with such force and power. He can shoot the midrange jumper and virtually anywhere inside the 3 point arc with his smooth jumper and he can drive to the lane and get a bucket with his athlethism and speed and when he's fouled, he shoots at a very high rate for a 6-10 guy, at 83% If I'm not mistaken. His defense is also underrated partly because the Suns system doesn't play very intense defense. His athelthism allow him to guard big men and block shots.

Source(s): Prince
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Tim Duncan

• 1 decade ago

Dirk Nowitzki,he made the All-NBA First Team :D

• 1 decade ago

Kevin Garnett, no question duncan is technically a center, same with gasol when bynums out, and bosh plays center a well.

Source(s): myself
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Dirk Nowitzki

The best PF, he took a team to the finals in the west without his counterpart piece( inside player), without any allstar or true PG. The only time KG, Duncan had any playoffs success was when they got their counterpart piece (outside player/ allstars). Nowitzki impacts a game more than them.

I think he's the best PF because he is the most versatle, he can handle better than all of them, he can pass offf the dribble better than all, be can create his own shot and is way more clutch and dependable in the 4th because he is a better FT shooter than all of them by like 10% points. Nowitzki also gets just as much rebounds, or more, than them and yet he plays further from the basket. So that shows how good a rebounder he is with 11rpg for his playoff career. Also Dirk can do it inside and out, something none of the other ones can. KG and TD are the best defensive PFs but Nowitzki to me impacts a game more than them because he can carry lesser players further.

LAST POINT: He is elite at everything a guard can do (38% 3 point for his career, creating his shot, scoring from all areas, passing off the dribble) and also elite at what Bigs do (Post up good, pass out of the double team, rebound, create spacing.) Therefore he is better.

EDIT@Prince: You overrate Amare and he is not as consistent or a better rebounder or creater of his own shot than Dirk or any of the other top 3 PFs. Amare never does that good without Nash in the game and is very dependant on nash unlike Dirk, KG, Duncan. Amare is great but not the best PF and not a top 10 player right now. Shaq was the best player on that team last year and Amare showed that he can't play in a half court system. Dirk can play in the half court or fast break.

Amare also isn't even a good passer which Dirk is a great passer, kg and td also.

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Duncan IMO maybe garnett then you have guys like Bosh,Amare,Al Jefferson who can take over after the oldies decline.

• 1 decade ago

As of right now, Tim Duncan.

He's consistent. He can play defense, he can play offense. He knows how to lead a team. He is arguably the best PF of all time!

• 1 decade ago

Kevin Garnett or how much I hate to say it Tim Duncan.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.