Abcdef asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

What color should I paint my room?

I want to paint it according to psychology; you know, colors and mood and what not. Well, I want something with a happy, joyful, energetic, and stress relieving mood. I was thinking blue at first, but I have a tendancy for depression and since it is said that blue is very calm and serene, it might trigger my depression. I was also thinking red, but I hear that can make you irritable(and hungry), and I already have problems with my temper. Haha. What do you think?

It's already a creamy white and I'm sick of white. Ahaha.

And white's not very stimulating. =\

Favorite Answer

I think it would be a good idea to give your room a sort of natural theme, using earthy tones. Green is a good color because it is associated with nature and has a natural calming effect. You could do kind of a zen theme, and maybe even put a plant in your room. Feng Shui is always good too.

• ?

Well black is out. White makes things look bigger. A cream tending toward more very light yellow than cream.

greens are very calming.. and reds accent passion.. so you should avoid them....

yellows incite happiness... sunshine... so a soft yellow with green undertones would be best for you....