Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Falling in love...Is this true?? ( 10 pts)?

I read that there's a simple way to find out whether your in love or not. "All other fantasies of being with another guy disappear." I'm 16 and have had 5 relationships. Nothing serioius. I mean, I never even kissed any of them lol. But anyway I know I was never in love with any of them because even while I was dating them I've had the same fantasy in my head.

Me, 18 or 19 years old with an average, brown or reddish brown haired ( buzz cut), brown eyed guy. Him around 20 or 21. Me and him together walking around holding hands. He's smart, cute, with a good sense of humor.He's not at all unattractive but not drop dead gorgeous either. He's an average, normal looking guy. Not someone that's a head turner. Just an average Joe. In the fantasy, I'm madly in love with him. He's madly in love with me. He's so intelligent and has the best personality. He so nice and amazing.......and so on...

I've had this fantasy for years. And not once has one of my "boyfriends" caused me to forget about this guy in my head.

So anyway, does this prove I was never really in love with any of the guys I've dated??

Favorite Answer

Correct. I don't think you have been in love with any of the guys you've dated. If the guys you were dating weren't exactly what you wanted, or made your fantasy sort-of morph into what they were, you haven't been in love. I had fantasies also when I was growing up, and while dating guys in middle school through high school, but when I started dating my current boyfriend, he was better than every fantasy I ever had. I am in love now :)

1

No you were never in love with the guys you've dated. And that is okay. You have a preference in what you want and like and that is okay too. But you're very young. Yes indeed. When you get older that lil fantasy will start to fade away. You will fall in love...and they person you might fall in love with might not be the guy that was in your fantasies. And that is okay too.

It's seem like you're stuck in some Hollywood movie or something.

Not necessarily. Sometimes us girls tend to dream the impossible and set high standards that are unlikely to come true. But when your're in love you have no eyes for other boys no matter how cute they are. You would have even changed your ideal from being the red-headed guy to the one you were going out with. so no. You've never been in love.

OK, we all have fantasies, our dream guys etc. Mine is 35, has blonde hair, white skin, blue eyes and is built like a tank. That's all visual. The people we end up caring most about are the living, breathing, partners we meet in life that actually love us. My partner is 63, short, fat, wih a bald head. I adore him. I wouldn't want to ever be without him.

• 09 _

I think we all have fantasies in our head about that perfect "dream guy" But its true, once you realy fall in love, you tend to forget about things like that. And I don't think you were really in love with any of those guys. You said it was nothing serious. It just sounds to me like teenage dating. Youre still young. Im sure you havent fell in love yet, but someday you will.

no that doesnt mean anything .

you probly were in love with some of them but probly what it means is that there is still some one out there that is waiting for u and maybe its just not time yet so dont worry it doesnt mean u r not in love with them its judt u have someone better for you waiting you kno how they say he could be the one well that one is still out there u just have to wait u will see .hope i helped

I think love is a matter of what you feel. no one else can tell you if you like something or not. love is something complex and only one person knows if you love someone or not. yourself. so know one can really tell you. sorry to sound like a fortune cookie and for no streight answer but it is the truth

I don't think you were in love with them anyway despite 'Average Joe'

Love is bullshit. Its all a bunch of lies. The fantasy you have, its just a fantasy. thats all itll ever be.