i have a friend who's taking the psat and i can't help because i never took it.?

he says there's so many words he doesn't know in the english portion and some hard parts in the math portion. for those who took it and did well, what advice do you have for me to tell him?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Josh
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I would recommend that your friend complete multiple practice exams for the PSAT. These target certain problem areas (math, english, reading, writing, etc..) and can help you resolve those issues.

McGraw-Hill has a great PSAT/NMSQT practice book that you can purchase for approximately $13 from Barnes and Noble or any other local bookstore.

Here is a link: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/McGraw-Hills-PSAT...

If you feel there is a problem in the vocabulary and reading comprehension section, target those areas by reading and completing practice questions from that section.

Good luck.

• 1 decade ago

Just do your're best! I am taking them again next week. I don't remember what I scored on them last year as a sophmore. It's not too hard there will be things you don't know use process of elimination or pick C.

Source(s): ME!
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.