Miki
Miki asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

How do you feed shrimp if the rest of the fish beat them to the food?

Or know that they are getting it?

Favorite Answer

Well, first off, they are amazing scavengers, so don't worry too much.

When I dump in some defrosted foods, I've seen my shrimp grab brine shrimp, beef heart and blood worms right out of the water as it floated by. They'll also scavenge around for algae.

For mine though, as a supplement, I turn my lights off about 11 at night, but wait till about 12 to drop in some sinking shrimp pellets or algae disks.

The fish have settled down by this time for the most part, but the shrimp will be able to find them.

Best of Luck!

Shrimp will survive off the extra food though...

Alright, feed your fish in one side of your tank and then plunge an algae wafer in the other side...

I have no experience with such a thing but use a straw or tube of some sort to get the food right in fron't of the one or ones that always miss out seems like an idea

• Slyfy

if you don't have any other bottom feeders get some algae wafers for them while your distracting the other fish with flakes drop in some wafers for them. They're eat whatever is leftover.

I would feed them a little more not a ton more but a little bit.