Ipod wont play music. Help!!!!?

my ipod stopped working! It will only let me scroll up and down the main menu. i haven't dropped it or got anything spilled on it. It just stpped working. I tried plugging it back in to the computer to see if that worked but it hasn't. I need to get a new Ipod dont I???

Its an ipod nano

i got it to work. thanks for helping me everyone! Much love!

Favorite Answer

The same thing just happened to me!

I was listening to some music and I kept rewinding it and what not until it froze.

Here what you can do.

1. Reset your ipod according to your model.

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/

2. Restore it (erases everything)

I suggest to reset it before you try restoring it.

In my situation. I have an Ipod Classic. So Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.) Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

This method is usually universal for most iPods.

be sure that the form of track information you're putting in are suppoerted with the aid of the shuffle . see in the experience that your headphones are no longer broken and additionally be sure that's charged if this does not artwork then it would desire to be defective if so the warrenty ought to conceal it and you gets a sparkling one (basically as a splash sansa sells an mp3 participant for the comparable value yet has a demonstrate screen and you will hear to the radio and is arround the comparable length of the oldr sort of shuffles)

Try resetting it. Maybe holding play and menu button at the same time, im not too sure. Check apple.com

• Aww dude that sucks. I wish I could help you, maybe you should try to reset it, let it cool off. Hopefully it will work, maybe it needs to be recharged or something.

• NONE

What model iPod is it?