Music lessons, $29 for 30min or $55 for 1 hr, your reaction?

Shockingly hight or what you would have expected?

$29 for 30min

$44 for 45min

$55 for 1hr

Favorite Answer

It all depends on the area you live in. Call around and see what other places are charging. Over 10 years ago my lessons were $15 for 30 minutes so I'm sure they have increased over time.

That's a decent price. On average (imo) people charge about $50-$70 for a full hour. So 30 x 2 = 60 (1 hour); $25 x 2 = $50. Fair enough?

• ?

That is about the going rate for a violin lesson, I hadn't looked into piano. When I was a kid it was $18/hr. You just have to decide on a budget and how you can fit it in. A child probably doesn't need weekly lessons if they can practice on their own and they probably don't need a full hour each time either. You simply decide what you can afford and then do a half hour or an hour 1-4 times per month depending on your resources available to pay.

My daughter takes 30 min piano lessons once a week. The entire month is $85. We live outside of Atlanta.

It sounds high.

I don't believe those prices are right, unless the teacher is very remarkable, but even if the instructors are great, why do the prices have to be so high? I would say too high unless you can afford it because if you are willing to go that route by paying that much, then you should.

Wow who's the teacher Barbara Streisand?

too high for me...

i also paid only $15 for piano.. except was for an hour lesson

Source(s): Memories/checkbook..
  • Julia

too high!!! i paid 15 dollars for a half hour of piano...

to high i can get good licensed instructors who do this and nothing but this for less