Music lessons, $29 for 30min or $55 for 1 hr, your reaction?

Shockingly hight or what you would have expected?

$29 for 30min

$44 for 45min

$55 for 1hr

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It all depends on the area you live in. Call around and see what other places are charging. Over 10 years ago my lessons were $15 for 30 minutes so I'm sure they have increased over time.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

That's a decent price. On average (imo) people charge about $50-$70 for a full hour. So 30 x 2 = 60 (1 hour); $25 x 2 = $50. Fair enough?

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

That is about the going rate for a violin lesson, I hadn't looked into piano. When I was a kid it was $18/hr. You just have to decide on a budget and how you can fit it in. A child probably doesn't need weekly lessons if they can practice on their own and they probably don't need a full hour each time either. You simply decide what you can afford and then do a half hour or an hour 1-4 times per month depending on your resources available to pay.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My daughter takes 30 min piano lessons once a week. The entire month is $85. We live outside of Atlanta.

It sounds high.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I don't believe those prices are right, unless the teacher is very remarkable, but even if the instructors are great, why do the prices have to be so high? I would say too high unless you can afford it because if you are willing to go that route by paying that much, then you should.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wow who's the teacher Barbara Streisand?

• 1 decade ago

too high for me...

i also paid only $15 for piano.. except was for an hour lesson

Source(s): Memories/checkbook..
  • Julia
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

too high!!! i paid 15 dollars for a half hour of piano...

• 1 decade ago

to high i can get good licensed instructors who do this and nothing but this for less

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.