Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

Is it rude to ignore a your neigboors try to talk to you?

I live in Apartment building and whenever i take elevators ,my neighbors alys try to strike up a conversation with me.It happens also with strangers when i am in public.

sometimes i don't mind but they are times when i am having a bad day and i don't want tobe bothered.

How do you handle this?

• Annie
    Favorite Answer

Think of it this way. You might be making there day happy just by talking to them. There are a lot of lonely people out there. Please do NOT be rude. If you want the convo to end, just tell them you are expecting a call and have to go. You might learn something from these people.

• Its rude if you don't give a..... about what they're saying, but if you're tired and you're not in a mood that's okay. Just tell him that you're glad or sad depending on the conversation. But that you've been really stressed out and you're tired and he should understand. Who knows maybe the guy likes you or he just gets really bored, because he might not have anyone to talk to, except you.

Some people have no one to talk to. Consider yourself blessed that another human being gives a darn and if it's only in the hallway or elevator the encounter is going to end as soon as it began. Will it really kill you to say "hi".

So many people don't care about neighbors so it's nice that they are being friendly. Be polite and answer back, but it would be ok to just mention that you are very tired and are sorry but you just feel too bad to talk very much. They should understand.

If you really don't want to be involved in a conversation with someone, just say "this is not a good time, catch you later"

Just Tell Them To Stop Talking To You. Scream At Them If You Have To.

• Ernie

Say, Oh, I am so happy to see you. How have you been. Listen for 1 minute and then say, I am so sorry, someone is waiting for me. I'll see you soon. Smile and go.

• CoeyG

I talk to them. Sometimes what they have to say can pull me out of a bad day.

not answering IS rude.

If you don't feel like talking just answer (politely) in short sentences or short 'yea"

you never know.

you might end up needing their help

in the future.

bad day? you mean periods? quit yo jibba jabba and have few words, just smile, say something. its not that bad to do that.