KJ Monte asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

What can be the cause to chest pain upon inhaling?

My wife is having sharp pain on the right side. It feels like it is in her lung. This happened all of a sudden while just sitting. Does anyone know what this can be? Thanks for any help.

(This isn't gas nor heartburn)

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Chest pain upon inhalation is often a symptom of pleurisy. The pleura is the sack like coating that covers the lungs. Sometimes there is an inflammation in between the pleura and the lungs and it causes that sort of pain.

If it doesn't abate in just a few days she might want to see her doctor.

Source(s): I worked as a nurse for 38+ years.

Asthma is an hypersensitive reaction and is caused via some thing. The fine non remedy remedy for bronchial asthma is finding out your triggers and averting them. Common triggers are smoke, filth, mildew, mold, vegetation, filth mites, pets and grass/weeds. If you can't determine our your triggers, you may also have got to see an allergist and feature hypersensitive reaction screening performed. This might factor out your triggers. The National Asthma Prevention Program and the Expert Panel of Diagnosis and Management of Asthma each agree in the event you must use a prescription inhaler reminiscent of albuterol extra then 2 time a week, your bronchial asthma is NOT in manage and you'll desire a prescription controller remedy. Controller medicines are steroids (Asthmacort Asthmanex, Flovent, Pulmocort), Leukotriene modifier (Singulair, Aculade, Zyflo) or mast mobilephone stabilizers (Cromolyn sodium, Intal, Tilade). You might desire to speak on your health care professional approximately a couple of powerful controller medicines and possibly Xolair pictures. If you desire a tested, all-ordinary solution to healing your bronchial asthma, with no need to pay for vain medicines with damaging facet-results, then that is the predominant web page you can ever learn.

Does she smoke or is she regularly exposed to someone else smoking?

Could be pneumonia. Has she been sick?

Might be a strained muscle in her ribcage. Can she remember possibly straining or being in a strange position for a long time?

Could be a broken rib. Was she injured?

this sometimes happen to me. nothing serious i shouldnt hope. i usually just lie on my back or stand up and concetrate on my breathing and it goes. if it continues for a long time maybe seek medical advice cos this is just what works for me so i dont know fo sho.

I've had that before. I never found out what it was. I'm still okay... just to comfort you. Although you may still want to get it checked out. May be a pinched nerve?

would she have a kidney infection