Poll: Do you think Barack Obama deserved to win the Nobel Peace Prize?

I, personally, think that he deserved it. He gives AWESOME speeches, he's very inspirational, and he's making history ! Plus, he gave his money that he got from winning the Award to charity, which was very kind of him. But give your reason to why you think he did or didn't deserve it !

Best Answer

Yes. He has stated a goal of peace not preemptive war.

Not yet. He's got some good ideas, and he is trying to pull the country out of the economic mess it is in with limited success, the stock market is in a little bit better shape than it was. The war situation is no better, so we'll have to see if he can improve things there. As you pointed out he does give awesome speeches, but that in itself is a weak reason to award the prize. I think it would have been better to look at him next year.

I don't think he did because he hasn't been on the international scene long enough.

He himself even said he didn't deserve it.

I won't lose any sleep over it either way, but there is a tiny sub-sect of losers who hate Obama so much they base their entire lives around him and his activities. They froth at the jowls when he wins the Nobel Prize, they shriek when he takes his wife to dinner, they froth and shriek over the type of mustard he puts on his hamburger; They are idiots. Ignore them.

So why all the fuss?

I am a strong supporter of Obama, and I think there is an excellent chance that he will someday have accomplishments worthy of the Nobel Peace Prize. No, I don't think he is there yet. I wouldn't say it in terms of deserving, but I think they could have found someone with more of a track record.

Do I think he should have refused it? Absolutely not; that would have been rude and unbecoming of the POTUS. He responded with an appropriately humble statement, and I am sure that he will act honorably when he accepts the prize in Olso.

• Ellie

Hell NO! He's done Nothing - absolutely Nothing to bring peace (not to mention he's been a president for only a few months!) Let's remember that Al Gore and Carter have also won the exact same awards...without doing a thing , so I believe it's all good old politics. No republican will ever be nominated, eh?

He hasn't done anything yet that prestigious prize used to be given to people who accomplished something worthwhile through action or accomplishment what has he done but given speeches??

sure he wants world piece but so does ever rational human on this planet how does that make him any better than you or I getting it?

No I do not think he deserved it yet, I think it was a political maneuver by a bunch of liberal professors to pressure him in to pulling out of Afghanistan. Hopefully Obama is not that easily coyed.

I think the peace he is leading the world to is one which will allow a very dangerous tendency in Islam to forms End of the World style cults, not dissimilar to the likes of the Branch Davidians in the USA, to flourish and bully its way into power in the muslim world and potentially develop into a 21st century totalitarian regime like Nazi Germany.

I think he does not realise where his weak message of peace will lead or the peoplehe is trying to reason with.

I think your last president did realise the danger of appeasing these people and allowing them to regroup just to avoid unpopular wars.

Yes, President Obama deserved the Prize. Norway carefully selected him. Americans should not bite the hand of Norway.

Hei Thor-Tor. This is my familien navn. Don't be negative in regards to Lutefisk. What about blood sausage, Lingonberries, Krumkaka, Rommegrot, Lefsa. My Family is from Thor-Tor in gamle Norge. Now you go eat Milk Mush.

Your Ancestors caught and ate Lutefisk too. The Norwegians are Great People and survived off of barely nothing. Don't degrade Norwegians, because if your name means what I think , your Norwegian too.

They all give the money to charity. Did you know Gandhi never got one. Do you really think Obama is more deserving of the Nobel then Gandhi. It's a shame,I tell you. A sad,sick shame.

Yes. The Nobel Peace Prize committee was entrusted with making the decision and they gave their reasons in a rather eloquent statement.

They considered over 200 nominations and were unanimous in their decision. That is good enough for me.