Xanthous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Game Prediction: Cardinals vs. Dodgers?

I know this has been talked about a lot, but when it comes down to this game alone, who comes out with the win? Stats Below

Pitchers:

Vincente Padilla (4.46 ERA)

Joel Pineiro (3.49 ERA) +1

Hitters (Against opposing pitcher)

Albert Pujols (.444 avg) +1

Manny Ramirez (.424 avg)

Matt Kemp (.200 avg.) +1

Matt Holliday (.167 avg.)

Hitters (Series)

Albert Pujols 1/6 (.166 Avg) +1

Manny Ramirez 0/8 (.000 Avg)

Matt Kemp 1/9 (.111 Avg)

Matt Holliday 2/8 (.250 Avg) +1

Hitters (Playoffs)

Albert Pujols (.318 Avg) +1

Manny Ramirez (.282)

Matt Kemp (.216 Avg)

Matt Holliday (.283 Avg) +1

Home field avantage: Cardinals +1

Total:

Cardinals 7

Dodgers: 1

I have to go with the Cardinals in this game...you?

• Marco
    Best Answer

If we were going by stats, then the Cardinals should have been up 2-0 at this point, not the other way around.

Baseball is a game of streaks, emotions, and psychology. Sorry Cardinal fans but you guys finally have your Cubs like hex and his name is Matt Holliday.

Cardinals may have the better team on paper, but the Dodgers are just that special team this year in the NL. You left one important stat off the this list and its the very thing that made the Cardinals lose game 2.

Cardinals Bullpen!

Dodgers Bullpen- Best in baseball right now.

Cardinals Bullpen- Just Godawful right now.

Dodgers end this series today, most likely pull away in the latter innings.

P.S.- I was at game 2 too, I was in the left field pavilion probably standing 10 feet away from Holliday when he dropped that ball. Nobody was waving any white towels, why would anybody be waving towels, everybody thought when Lonely hit that ball in the air that the game was over. Funny too cause everyone in the left field pavilion had been yelling at Holliday all day to drop the ball whenever the ball would go flying his way, except for that dropped ball catch. Before he dropped the ball, I swear I could hear a pin drop.

• mantu

Grizzlies-87 Bobcats-89 Raptors-80 5 Pistons-80 4 Celtics-88 warmth-ninety 3 Suns-87 Knicks-80 4 Nets-80 4 Hornets-88 Mavericks-87 greenbacks-88 Jazz-80 5 Houston-80 two Wizards-80 two Kings-87 Cavs-102 Blazers-ninety 8 Thunder-ninety 5 Warriors-87 Lakers-86 Clippers-88.

If Holliday remembers that he is a major league baseball player, Pujols screws the pressure and becomes the ultimate weapon that he is, Carpenter gets a strike zone to pitch to, Smoltz plays a part, Franklin gets off the Ankiel Syndrome and Glaus is rested and ready, the Cardinals should breeze through the next 3.

Without those factors, the series may end at 3.

• Yeah, well I thought that the Cardinals were going to win the first two games, too, and they managed to choke them away. The Dodgers will probably sweep them.

The *only* important thing for me in this postseason is that the Dodgers don't make it to the WS. Thanks for nothing, Cardinals.

Dodgers win 6-3 !

Source(s): 2-0 Is the only stat that matters now.

I want the Cardinals!!

Sorry but probably Dodgers......................they have won the first two games

DODGERS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!