Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Can i Have C.Section so close to previous two?

Im pregnant with 3rd child i had emergnacy csec with 1st, elective with 2nd, im now 2month pregnant & scared about havin teh 3rd csec so close to havin my last, my first was 2yrs ago 2nd was 4months ago next would be in 7months,

I have a tilted bicornuate uterus which makes it hard for me to have a baby naturally, i tried so hard with my first pushed for ages had failed forceps, vontuse, then baby got v.distressed & was rushed into theatre, any advise muchly appriciatd x

Best Answer

Well it's not really the most ideal situation but you really don't have any other choice.. You ARE pregnant now and you have to deliver by C-Section since a VBAC is not an option for you anymore (since you're had 2 sections and your last one wasn't very long ago)... It'll be okay. Your doctor will monitor you very closely during the pregnancy.

I also had three c-sections and it is recomended that you wait 1 year between pregs so you can heal on the inside. Mine were all two years apart 5/3/03, 2/8/05 and 2/9/05 so I didn't really listen either (not judging at all).

Since you are already preg it sounds like you NEED a c-section. Your uterus is still weak from your last and it could rupture open while contracting or pushing. Ask your doc what the risked are but from what I remember it is like a 7%chance of rupture and doctors consider that too high risk to do a VBAC.

Source(s): Three C-Sections

Well, you're pregnant, so it's not like you have a choice, you will need a c-section, and obviously it's going to be safer than attempting a vaginal delivery after two recent c-sections. OBs usually recommend women wait a year after a c-section before getting pregnant again, but obviously women do get pregnant before then and they have to have their babies somehow. They will just watch you closely at the end of your pregnancy, if there is any hint that labor is starting go to the hospital right away, because laboring a uterus with a new/weak scar is at a higher risk for rupture (but odds are still that it would not happen to you).

Best of luck.

Source(s): RN, OB, L&D

I did. I had 3 in 2 years. First was in March 2002, second in Jan 2003 and third was in Dec 2003. I had a fourth in Sept 2008 and I will be having a fifth in April 2010. Everything has turned out fine.