Can Anyone In America Award The Nobel Peace Prize?

If they cannot, who is to say President Obama do not deserve this award. Why is america jealous over this. Obama was given the award because of respect, the world have not respected america for a long time. Be glad and thank God for Barack Obama.

Favorite Answer

You are correct. It isn't the majority of Americans who think President Obama didn't deserve this award -- it's just the Republicans, the Taliban and Iran who think that. Remember, most Americans voted for Obama.

President Obama deserves this honor. This shows why...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/ns/msnbc_tv-r...

"A 25-nation poll of 27,000 people released in July by the Pew Global Attitudes Project found double-digit boosts to the percentage of people viewing the U.S. favorably in countries around the world. That indicator had plunged across the world under President George W. Bush."

Obama has taken a much more multilateral approach than Bush did in the last eight years, and the world applauds it. Peace talks and negotiations with North Korea, Iran, Poland, Czechoslovakia and Russia. Outreach to the Muslim world. Drawing down in Iraq. Bringing Russia to the table over Iran (and against China) was HUGE. Nuclear disarmament talks. Strengthening the US role in combatting climate change.

Thousands of nominations were made right after Obama took office and his name was thrown into the hat, yes. But the talks and the decision about who was to win the prize *just took place*.

Obama is giving the money to charity, btw.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/09/obama-win...

Sorry, I don't know where you live, but I as an American citizen am not jealous of anything, and the world should have respect for America inspite of Obama. No other nation on the face of the earth has rebuilt, and rebuilt, and rebuilt for other nations without asking for a dime.I think honestly that other people are just jealous of America for the Freedom she has.You have a right to your opinion, and so do I, as for Obama, I don't respect him trying to take away the freedoms people have gave their lives to preserve,but I pray he will change his wayward thinking.

• Curt J

Just to point something out to you. Obama himself says he doesn't deserve the award.

The biggest complaint out here, is the fact that he got the award for doing nothing, while many other vastly more deserving people, were bypassed to give it to him.

Source(s): Just my opinion and Obamas speech

1. God has no stake in this b.s.

2. You are only using your preconcieved perception NOT FACTS.

3. If you did research on people and various political topics (real research- not listening to CNN or FOX) you would know that EVERYTHING IS BULLSHIT.

4. Stop sticking up for your slave master.

some jerks in norway do it,which is suppose to be the best country in the world to live in. they must vote on that to.i think their brains are frozen.

Good point!

• l;llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll