how much horsepower will I gain n my 97 eclipse gst by adding an intake,exhaust and blow off valve?

I have already installed injen intake and greddy bov, i just purchased an n1 knockoff off of ebay for 120. it's a 3 inch piping 4.5 inch tip. all stainless steel. I want too know how much horse power I will have after adding exhaust or will I really not be able to tell until i add front mounted intercooler? stock hp is 210 or 215

• Ariel
    Favorite Answer

Read this guide:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/tuning-guide/2gturbo/

Especially click on the link that is titled "common mistakes and misconceptions by newbie DSMers" and pay special attention to points 2, 4a, and 6. Especially 6.

You aren't really going to make a lot more power until you buy yourself an air fuel controller. I recommend the Apex S-AFC II for you.

One big thing: find a good shop next to you, as good quality mechanic work and tuning make all the difference.

OK now to realistically answer your question. A manual has 210 hp, a automatic has 205 hp, Now they average about 168-175 hp at the wheels on a dyno. The BOV will add nothing but a different sound. The intake, depending on the manufacturer will add between 3-6 hp at the wheels, and the exhaust, being as it is a knock off will probably add 2-5 hp, or possibly LOSE power due to insuffecient R&D on the part of the company.

BOV will only sound good, no power. The intake will add 10 hp. The best thing you could do for a turbo car is free up exhaust restriction, its the biggest power eater. New exhaust will free up around 25 hp. If you want even more, than dump the catilytic converters and install a chip.

BOV will add approximately... 0 horsepower.

I/E will add max 15-20hp probably.

• CT

210 is stock and probably 20hp gain.