Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

The Nobel Peace Prize is awarded annually by the Norwegian Nobel Committee "to the person?

who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses." - World Book Ency.

Wow, and wow again! Obama sure got a lot done in the 11 days before he was Nominated for that prize. Wow! Please someone, tell us, how did he do it? Can any of you liberals clear this up for us?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Brilliant query as usual, Atair! It is beyond the human understanding how, 11 days after his inauguration, this man was chosen! and for this prize!

• 4 years ago

I think I just thew up a little. This is absolutely disgusting. This totally undermines what the Peace Prize is all about. They gave it to this loser because his ideas look good on paper?!? Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?!? This is like saying "Let's give the Yankees the World Series Championship because they look the better team on paper." But, what if they don't come to fruition? What if the Yankees don't win? Is it all for nought? What happens then? Do we take the prize back when Obama falls flat on his face? What if none of his ideas work? And, believe you me, they won't. Obama lacks the morals, ideals, common sense, and intelligence to get anything productive done. The article on the front page of YAHOO! did make one good point, though. ""Former Polish President Lech Walesa, who won the prize in 1983, questioned whether Obama deserved it now. "So soon? Too early. He has no contribution so far. He is still at an early stage. He is only beginning to act," Walesa said. "This is probably an encouragement for him to act. Let's see if he perseveres. Let's give him time to act," Walesa said."" Maybe now he will start being a President. Problem is, he's not smart enough to do it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Lets face it. He didnt. He got the award on the basis of glib talk, smarmy politics, and a really great tie collection.

Compare this to Greg Mortenson, nominated for the prize by some members of Congress, who the bookies gave 20-to-1 odds of winning. Son of a missionary, a former army Medic and mountaineer, he has made it his mission to build schools for girls in places where opium dealers and tribal warlords kill people for trying. His Central Asia Institute has built more than 130 schools in Afghanistan and Pakistan — a mission which has, along the way, inspired millions of people to view the protection and education of girls as a key to peace and prosperity and progress.

Obama was nomnated 2 weeks into his presidency...and won having one single successful peace keeping summit:

The Rose Garden Beer Summit.

A travesty. Gandhi has never won, but this bozo has.

A travesty.

• Alan S
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I support him but i don't understand why he got this, but he did. The most amusing thing here is how many people think that our internal politics had something to do with it.

although, after the past two terms, anyone that talked peace and was fluent in their native tongue would impress all of Europe.

Whatever, the motives behind this, I hope it gives him the moxie to not let the right grind him down.

BTW: It's a proud day for America, our President was given the most notable award of peace. Kind of hard to continue calling him Hitler now.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Is this the same person who invented the door knocker ?

He did get the no bell peace prize !

Source(s): i own a door with knockers
  • It's the "No Bell" prize. It's given to those who never have and never will "ring the bell".

Wait. This just in. They are rescinding their decision. They thought they were awarding it to Osama. I guess Ted Kennedy put the name in before he died.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

its terrible that men like mlk ghandi mother teresa einstein hell even nobel himself should have to share the greatest award they ever recieved with men like al gore and obama

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yep if you read the winner many are Terrorist anyway.

It is a sick joke of a prize.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I smell the stench of Conservative sour grapes :-(

Since ol dunderhead George couldn't win the Nobel Peace Prize, Cons are now trying to convince themselves it's an "invalid prize" :( Hah hah, that's good, thank you Cons for the laugh :-)

Obama has done more (good) in 8 months than ol Georgie did in 8 YEARS

(Cons can't see the truth past their huge lying, sniveling noses :-)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Being black. Because obviously it fits the criteria

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.