Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

The IOC refusing Obama's request proves Obama is a loser, but winning the Nobel Peace Prize is meaningless?

Why is it that the conservatives all treated the IOC's choice of Rio for the 2016 Olympics as a slam on Obama and proof of his incompetence, while Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize--also awarded by an international committee--is a meaningless event?

Can someone explain this logic to me?

• Ken
    Favorite Answer

Any positive achievement by President Obama is an anathema to some. I really don’t understand why. It seems that some people will do anything possible to tear down a sitting president. It’s not just President Obama, it was true with President Bush and President Clinton, too. No matter what group is doing it, it’s wrong.

• Draco

Have you bothered to at least try and find out WHO the other nominees were ? Probably not, since they are of no concern because Obama is the "man" of the hour.

One is a woman in Afghanistan, who for 3 years has worked under a constant threat of death, to BETTER the lives of Afghan women. KNOW what a womans worth is there ?

A Chinese dissident, who faces life imprisonment for trying to bring freedoms and individual rights to his country. PLEASE. Feel free to compare and analyze, just WHO has shown courage and commitment against the odds. Obama ( possibly eye strain from the teleprompter ) or just these 2 examples.

Knowing how "Libs" think, it becomes disgustingly obvious.

I agree with Walter C. So true. I think its funny how he hasnt even done anything. I mean, hes making efforts but is that all you have to do to win the peace prize??? I guess there are some things in this world I will never understand...this being one of them.

Because he doesn't deserve it, he won the peace prize after 10 days in office, how could he earn such an award?

Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize shows that birthers, teabaggers, and racists are a marginalized minority whistling in the wind.

• rich k

The logic is quite clearly this: "I hate Obama so anything to his detriment is God's Incontestable Truth while anything to his credit his worthless drivel and the work of idiots". If mindless hate is your only criteria then that makes perfect sense.

• Ayin Y

The right wing has no platform, they are just the "anti progress party." There is no logic to it, no matter what Obama does, they are going to attack him for it and beg for us to vote for special interests groups and tax cuts for the super-wealthy.

• ?

At least we now know that the GOP and the Taliban are allies.

don't expect logic from radicals... right or left.

So goes the hypocrisy of the right.