Obama wins Nobels peace prize?

Do you think he deserved it ?

Not too proud of beeing Norwegian today as I dont think he qualifies as a winner yet. He's a great person, just not a nobels peace prize winnet YET. Thats my opinion anyway.

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Just name his wonderful accomplishments in only eleven days of being President. This choice as have others have cheapened and made the Nobel prize meaningless, except for propaganda value.

Source(s): WASHINGTON — The awarding of the Nobel Peace Price to President Barack Obama landed with a shock on darkened, still-asleep Washington. He won! For what? For one of America’s youngest presidents, in office less than nine months — and only for 12 days before the Nobel nomination deadline last February — it was an enormous honor.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Obama rather gained the Nobel Peace Prize for his tries to create peace interior the middle East, to boot as provide u.s. wish. Jimmy Carter have been given the prize for comparable motives, whilst he initiated a communique between Egypt and Israel. i don't locate it atypical which you do not understand. It only skill you have a existence, and don't take a seat examining information articles each and all of the time, and which you're a hectic and energetic citizen.

• What a complete joke. The deadline for nominations was 2 weeks after he won the election - he hadn't even done anything by that time.

Good way to take a Truly Honorable award and turn it into a joke.

and as for - they gave it to him due to his "Vision" of a world without nuclear weapons - Well i dream i will accidently fall naked onto meg fox but that doesn't mean its ever going to happen.

• 1 decade ago

While I was surprised (as was he), I think it reflects more on his intense efforts at diplomacy and opening up communications with countries, plus the work at reducing the nuclear arsenal.

Or, as the committee said, they praised Obama's creation of "a new climate in international politics" and said he had returned multilateral diplomacy and institutions like the U.N. to the center of the world stage.

I do believe that sometimes the award is making a political statement. When Carter won, it was considered a slap at Bush's Iraq policies. However, more often, the prize is awarded to encourage those who receive it to see the effort through, sometimes at critical moments.

Edit to Mika: Yes, someone nominated him in February. The committee had eight months to look through the over 200 nominations.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Only satan could pull of a deception like Obama.

• and baby snooky won a Cooke for doing poopy in da pody

• Cackus
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Bush ruined the economy started two wars and pushed us to the brink of WWIII. Insulted our allies and made the USA a pariah state in the minds of BILLIONS of people.

Former Vice prez and all around nice guy D. Chaney was also nominated(buy the Hague)

Obama brought respectability back the the USA and calmed the whole world down with his respectful and diplomatic speeches.

Source(s): The main reason he was given the prize was his long time dedication to nuclear disarmament(and his ability to pronounce nuclear)
  • 1 decade ago

He is NOT a great person, my friend. Great people do not surround themselves with racists and criminals, tell you to judge them by the company they keep and then ignore you when you do so.

That is my opinion. The NPP is like a nod from the UN, liberals who are clueless.

• Joseph
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Don't beat yourself over it. It lessens the meaning of the Nobel committee and the awards. But maybe, with time, Obama will measure up. I sure hope so.

• 1 decade ago

i think obama doesn't deserve a Nobel prize because he started Afghanistan and health care looks like it's not gonna change that much

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.