Do you think I have a chance of winning the Nobel Prize for physics?

As President Obama won the Nobel Peace prize for a vision of the future, can I also win a Nobel Prize for something I want in the future?

I'm a salesman by profession, but I see a future where I finally find a way to produce cold nuclear fusion. An endless very cheap from of energy, with no radiation waste to dispose of, no radio active discharge, and no carbon discharge. Can I have a Nobel Prize for Physics please. After all my vision is one that the whole of the scientific community and the world as a whole would like to see, just like President Obama's ideas and vision for a world with no nuclear weapons and world peace. Pretty naive and mundane stuff really. But if he can get a Nobel Prize for an idea that everybody else has, why can't I?

Favorite Answer

no such thing as "cold fusion" but as a president who is currently fighting two wars gets the " peace" prize anything is possible, invent a revolutionary door knocker and you could win a "no-bell" prize

LOL, no, you still actually have to work for the Nobel Prizes in science.

However, Al Gore got a Nobel Peace Prize for making the world's highest-grossing powerpoint on how global warming is going to happen, so why don't you make a powerpoint on how cold fusion is going to occur in the future and then nominate yourself?

Of course, be careful not to do something like negotiate the release of two prisoners from an oppresive regime ran by a clinically insane dictator, because apparently DOING something good like that will disqualify you.

Now you people have resorted to insulting the scientific Nobel Prizes? I'd bet you couldn't even pass an undergraduate physics class. Edit: When the teacher gives you a D, it doesn't stand for distinctions.

Oh, I know why you can't. Because you're just a regular guy who has no significant education in molecular physics and no means by which to perform cold fusion no matter how badly you would like to, while Barack Obama is the actual President of the United States, and U.S. foreign policy, present and future, essentially mirrors whatever vision he might have.

So while everyone might "wish" for a world without nuclear weapons, and that is all very nice, Obama has earned a position for himself where he can actually do something about it.

Does that clear it up for ya?

1

Dreams are necessary, and why don't you try and do it? Nothing is beyond your reach as long as you keep trying. And yes, some people have it easier than others, but I find that hard work never stopped anyone getting there. Good luck and let me know when you get there!

• David

No, but maybe there is a big old million dollar prize for BS. You stand a chance!

Good luck.I've nominated myself for the peace prize next year because, unlike Obama, I have no blood on my hands.

Build a time machine, then you'll get it for sure.

you have no power in this world