Jay asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Question on p90x nutrition?

So I have a couple questions regarding supplements and general nutrition.

I weigh 155-160 and i'm 5'11. I have the recovery drink, whey isolate protein, multivitamins and protein bars.

So drink the recovery drink after a workout of course...but aside from that how often should I be eating? Should i get anything else? How often should i have a protein shake? Is there a certain amount of calories protein I should have a day?

I have the nutrition guide but there is no way i can follow it with that many recipes, its ridiculous. So if anyone has some suggestions on simple things to eat that would also help.

Also im wondering if going to the gym for cardio + all the p90x is ok?

If there are any other tips people have for me that would be great.

( Im on day 5 first week and already im feeling really sore, the yoga was really hard to do partly cause of that. )

• .
    Favorite Answer

The nutrition guide offers a general path that tells you what to eat (what kinds of things) but doesn't require you to follow specific recipies or strict meal plans. Read it again. You can easily tailor it to your preferences by eating the protein, carbs, veggies, etc in the amount and frequency they suggest without eating the exact foods they suggest.

Doing additional cardio on top of P90X is pretty much like doing the 'doubles' plan. Take a look at that and see if it pretty much resembles what you are doing.

I've been through the program twice...Classic the first time, then a wk break, then doubles. I didn't follow their eating plan though (but ate just healthy in general). It's a great workout program but don't expect a body like the folks in the infomercials (many of whom did not get in that shape from doing P90X alone).

Good luck...and bring it!