How could have President Obama win the Nobel Peace Prize?

Nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize ended the second week he was in office so how could he have won the Nobel Peace Prize? Was it for his lifetime achievement as senator? Maybe voting present is a nobel cause. No, no if I got this story straight he won it because he stated during his campaign that he would like to see a Nuke free world. Wow! If that's all you have to do to win a Nobel Peace Prize then I am going on record of saying, ' I would like to see everyone holding hands worldwide singing the coke song and drinking a coke!" Hello Europe! Are you listening? But this is just my opinion. Now what is your opinion? How could have President Obama win the Nobel Peace Prize?

Update:

Yes I also heard that it was over bringing the world's people together but I just don't buy it when he bad mouths the U.S. over in Europe so how is that bringing us closer together? Here in the U.S. he is dividing the people who work and have money VS the people who live off of welfare and don't work.

23 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

When Al Gore won over Irene Sendler they proved they are worthless.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/sendler.asp

Mike

• 1 decade ago

I agree with Walter C. So true. I think its funny how he hasnt even done anything. I mean, hes making efforts but is that all you have to do to win the peace prize??? I guess there are some things in this world I will never understand...this being one of them.

Source(s): I dont hate Obama either.
  • 1 decade ago

"Nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize ended the second week he was in office"

I didnt know that(is it true?) but I was surprised anyway. It seems like everyone is trying to constantly keep him in media attention.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Obama was awarded the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize for his "extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples

i am not convinced

Source(s): i dont hate obama
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The Nobel Prize is no longer the great award (except for the million dollar check) that it used to be.

Mike

• C Man
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Read the "myths about the prize" section in the yahoo news... the prize is awarded for trying, not success... Gore got it 2 years ago, why is anybody surprised at this?

• 1 decade ago

Easy... it was fixed. But I am glad to see you are a Coca-Cola supporter. Down with Pepsi! Up with Coke! Ok, where's my Nobel Peace Prize! (LOL) That award now means absolutely nothing.

• 1 decade ago

I am thinking it might have been for his work when he was just a senator as you said the running time was closed 2 weeks prior his going into the White House..... But what was it for???

• 1 decade ago

Good question I don't understand how he won a nobel prize either and I don't even know what he did to even earn it.

• 1 decade ago

Because the Nobel committee is a bunch of d-bags that love Obama and think he deserves it. And he doesn't. Their a joke

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.