How could have President Obama win the Nobel Peace Prize?

Nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize ended the second week he was in office so how could he have won the Nobel Peace Prize? Was it for his lifetime achievement as senator? Maybe voting present is a nobel cause. No, no if I got this story straight he won it because he stated during his campaign that he would like... show more Nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize ended the second week he was in office so how could he have won the Nobel Peace Prize? Was it for his lifetime achievement as senator? Maybe voting present is a nobel cause. No, no if I got this story straight he won it because he stated during his campaign that he would like to see a Nuke free world. Wow! If that's all you have to do to win a Nobel Peace Prize then I am going on record of saying, ' I would like to see everyone holding hands worldwide singing the coke song and drinking a coke!" Hello Europe! Are you listening? But this is just my opinion. Now what is your opinion? How could have President Obama win the Nobel Peace Prize?
Update: Yes I also heard that it was over bringing the world's people together but I just don't buy it when he bad mouths the U.S. over in Europe so how is that bringing us closer together? Here in the U.S. he is dividing the people who work and have money VS the people who live off of welfare and don't work.