Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Obama just won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize...?

Are you shocked?

Does he deserve it?

Best Answer

My information is from the nobelprize.org - which show the excerpt from Alfred Nobel's will.

"The whole of my remaining realizable estate shall be dealt with in the following way: the capital, invested in safe securities by my executors, shall constitute a fund, the interest on which shall be annually distributed in the form of prizes to those who, during the preceding year, shall have conferred the greatest benefit on mankind. The said interest shall be divided into five equal parts, which shall be apportioned as follows: one part to the person who shall have made the most important discovery or invention within the field of physics; one part to the person who shall have made the most important chemical discovery or improvement; one part to the person who shall have made the most important discovery within the domain of physiology or medicine; one part to the person who shall have produced in the field of literature the most outstanding work in an ideal direction; and one part to the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses. The prizes for physics and chemistry shall be awarded by the Swedish Academy of Sciences; that for physiology or medical works by the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm; that for literature by the Academy in Stockholm, and that for champions of peace by a committee of five persons to be elected by the Norwegian Storting. It is my express wish that in awarding the prizes no consideration be given to the nationality of the candidates, but that the most worthy shall receive the prize, whether he be Scandinavian or not." His will states that the prize is for work during the preceding year.

My opinion is that Obama did nothing to deserve such noble prize.

Source(s): Nobelprize.org

I think I just thew up a little.

This is absolutely disgusting. This totally undermines what the Peace Prize is all about.

They gave it to this loser because his ideas look good on paper?!? Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?!? This is like saying "Let's give the Yankees the World Series Championship because they look the better team on paper." But, what if they don't come to fruition? What if the Yankees don't win? Is it all for nought? What happens then? Do we take the prize back when Obama falls flat on his face? What if none of his ideas work? And, believe you me, they won't. Obama lacks the morals, ideals, common sense, and intelligence to get anything productive done.

The article on the front page of YAHOO! did make one good point, though. ""Former Polish President Lech Walesa, who won the prize in 1983, questioned whether Obama deserved it now.

"So soon? Too early. He has no contribution so far. He is still at an early stage. He is only beginning to act," Walesa said.

"This is probably an encouragement for him to act. Let's see if he perseveres. Let's give him time to act," Walesa said.""

Maybe now he will start being a President. Problem is, he's not smart enough to do it.

• Pamela

I have nothing against him either, but I agree for him to win the award without doing a thing is ridiculous. Apparently, the Nobel committee hated George Bush so much, that they gave Obama the prize for simply not being Bush. Personally, I think this is lame, the prize should only be awarded for tangible acts, not because you like or don't like someone.

HHHEEEEECKKK no! What a freaking joke. I think it belittles the people who are considered for this award for REAL reasons!

I want to know the reasoning behind this and don't say its because he wants nuclear weapons disarmed because every US President should have been awarded the Nobel if that's the case !

Absolutely not! Nothing this wicked closed door administration does would shocked me. Its quite obvious,he does not deserve this, or the title of Commander-in-Chief either...

i am not shocked..

because that is the right price gone to right person..

he wont deserve it.. because he hasnt implement peace in all country by just wining price. he has to do a lot for that..

• Pinky

he does not deserve it.

can you name thte things he have done for the world peace?

send more troops for afghanistan or take the taxpayers money to fund a bailout?

I spilled a half cup of coffe when I read the Headline.

I'm surprised. He didn't do anything to win it.

No, he doesn't deserve it at all.