Obama wins the Nobel Peace Prize! Are you kidding me?!!!?

Nominations for the award ended 2 weeks into his Presidency. In two weeks he had done more for peace than anyone else on the planet. Like what?

Has the prestige of the Nobel Prize increased or decreased for you because of this? Please explain why.
Update: Mr. Cooper, look around, supporters are shocked by this as well, are they also "nut jobs" or are they immune because they are democrats?
Update 2: I repeat, what had he done in two weeks that qualified him for nomination let alone winning?
Update 3: U & B, I'm not saying Obama went to the committee and asked for it. My irritation is with the committee for picking a winner solely on what he says he wants to do rather than what he has accomplished. It removes any credibility of the commision and devalues the award to that of an emmy.
Update 4: giginotgigi, "you can have peace or you can have freedom. Don't count on having both together." The desire for peace without the courage to protect it was Jimmy Carter's big mistake.
Update 5: Alistair, nobel sentiments (no pun intended) it would be nice if that were true. For some silly reason I have a hard time visualizing the camps of Al Queda and Taliban terrorist hoisting a skin of fermented goat's milk in honor of Obama. I do see them plotting more bombings, more murders of innocent civilians.... show more Alistair, nobel sentiments (no pun intended) it would be nice if that were true. For some silly reason I have a hard time visualizing the camps of Al Queda and Taliban terrorist hoisting a skin of fermented goat's milk in honor of Obama. I do see them plotting more bombings, more murders of innocent civilians. With the world sighing in orgasmic relief at America's folly I can see the terrorist plotting bigger more horrific acts of violence. How has Obama changed the religious tenet of the Taliban that believes the West must convert or die?