Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Who thinks that Alfred Nobel must be rolling in his grave ?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I bet he'd like to put one of his sticks of dynamite where the sun don't shine in the nominating committee...what a sham

Source(s): B.S. Econ (Cornell '98)
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Not I.

I admit that this wasn't the right call for the Nobel committee, but I understand why they did it. America has spent the last 8 years both acting like a bad guy and constantly being labeled a bad guy by most of Europe. Obama's attempts to reach out to the rest of the world are like a breath of fresh air by comparison, and I'm sure the Nobel committee believed that rewarding America for its "good behavior" would encourage more peaceful diplomacy in the future (which is after all the very point of the Nobel peace prize.) Alfred Nobel was far more interested in using the prize to further the undoing of the damage that his destructive invention (TNT) caused than he was in simply rewarding people. Thus, Obama's outreach even though it hasn't born fruit is a fair target for the prize. I still think Morgan Tsvangiri should have received the prize this year, but it was almost inevitable that it would be awarded to Obama for reversing American unilateralism at some point.

• 1 decade ago

Since Alfred Nobel invented dynamite, and then the Nobel Prize as a piece of political spin, I don't think he'd care all that much.

• mielke
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

He already rolled over while it replaced into offered, what replaced into his accomplishment then? So now that he hasn't achieved any peace, he could to boot attempt to earn it via scuffling with a civil warfare and toppling yet another dictator. He needs to end some thing a minimum of fairly wonderful to make up for each and all of the failures so a great way.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Hussein Obama joins the ranks of Jimmy Carter "one of the worst president we ever had" as a Nobel Peace Prize winner. I will also add Yasser Arafat to that fine group.

• Thalia
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Why? Do you not think the United States of America deserves to get the Nobel Peace Prize?

Remember they are often granted to the leader of a nation as the representative of a nation, not purely to the individual.

So, congratulations America!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Obama is only the third sitting President to win the Nobel Prize

1 Teddie Rosevelt - brokered peace between Russia and Japan

3 Woodrow Wilson - created the League of Nations

4 Obama - read a teleprompter

• Vahé
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I fail to see how a war-monger like Obama is somehow peaceful. All just a bunch of platitudes with no real action so far. I give a lot of credit to the military, but I can't give that credit to Obama. Certainly he has done nothing for peace.

• 1 decade ago

The man who invented dynamite? He probably wanted war mongering Bush to get it. If anyone had a need for his invention, it was Bush.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Pardon me while I throw up!! How much did he pay them to come up with all that garbage!!!??

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.