Winter Olympics, 2010, Vancouver, Canada?

So I went through a lot of information to come up with this question. I was looking for the percentages, or amounts of people, or ratings who watched the Winter Olympics, specifically Ice Hockey from 1924 (first year Ice Hockey was in the Olympics) through 1994. But I couldn't find any numbers. And as we all... show more So I went through a lot of information to come up with this question. I was looking for the percentages, or amounts of people, or ratings who watched the Winter Olympics, specifically Ice Hockey from 1924 (first year Ice Hockey was in the Olympics) through 1994. But I couldn't find any numbers. And as we all know, the technology was way different back then, so it would've been harder for some to follow. But that was the era in which the NHL (started in 1917) didn't allow their players to play in the Olympics. That started in 1998. So I wanted to see how many people watched the Winter Olympics, specifically Ice Hockey, from 1998 - 2006. But again, no such luck.

So my question, based on the time frames and the options to view it, which do you think was more popular, pre-NHL players in Olympics, or post-NHL players in Olympcis? And if you have any proof, that would be great.

Another question to you would be: Would you be more likely to watch/enjoy the college kids playing, or the NHL players play in the Olympics?

And lastly, we all know 2010 can be the last year with NHL players in the Olympics. So, do you think the NHL should allow the players to play in the Olympics, risking injury? Or do you think it's a players right to choose? Maybe something worked out in a contract?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you.