promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What does this quote in " the crucible" by arthur miller mean?

"we'll have green fields soon. it's warm as blood beneath the clods"

Update:

I think we’ll see green fields soon. It’s warm as blood beneath the clods.

page 50, uttered by the proctor

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Beneath the surface of the earth, where the seeds were planted and the roots begin, the conditions for growth are good.

Clod is a way of saying soil or lumps of dirt, clay, earth, e.t.c.

Warm as blood=simile to denote the seeds are receiving nourishment in the similar to the way an organism receives nourishment from its bloodstream.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Like being toooooo wealthy or tooooooo captivating? it rather is reflective of the shown fact that the happiest human beings die devoid of regrets, and much less happy ones have some or many regrets. he's saying that we possibly can not get by way of lifestyles devoid of any regrets, a minimum of possibly they are able to be the excellent they could be. as an occasion, they are saying that persons on their dying mattress on no account be apologetic approximately attempting issues, whether they failed, they DO even with the shown fact that be apologetic approximately inactivity.

• 1 decade ago

yeah it's not to be read into too deeply.

isn't he saying this to Goodwife Proctor during an awkward moment? It's been a few years since I studied this play.

I believe he is just making idle chit chat with her about the crops.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

During that time there was The Great Drought and fields weren't able to grow...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Alex
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

hmm well i don't remember the book all that well but it could either mean it'll soon be spring or that the darkness of the witch hunts will end soon

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Im not sure but i really hate that book i have to read it in core at school and it is like the worst book ever i dont f****n care about people dying like a billion years ago

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

could you put it in context please? whats the page number...?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.