Mono contagious, Help? I never had it?

Hello

I Know mono is a viral disease and is traced back to Epstein Barr virus.

I have a good immune system

Question is if I carry the EBvirus, and kissed someone and they get mono is that possible.

I know EBvirus is an asymptomatic virus. So I could easily have carried the EBvirus and the person I kissed their body couldnt handle it so they got mono....

• july
    Best Answer

According to everything I've read, not too many people are carriers of the Epstein-Barr Virus. Yes, some people have EBV without knowing, and some people can continue to shed the virus in their saliva intermittently for years, but it's hard to find statistics about this.

Once you get EBV, your body makes antibodies to it. This means that if you're exposed again it your body will recognize it and it will be destroyed by your immune system before you become infected. This is called "acquired active immunity."

Since about 90% of people have had EBV by the time they're young adults, you shouldn't worry about exposing someone else to it. They're more likely to get influenza or the common cold from you!

Source(s): Healthcare teaching assistant.

Yeah it is contagious, but only through like kissing and things like that.

If this is a real situation then it is possible that it was your virus(if you had it) But some people get it quite frequently, like once a year or so.

yes its possible because the virus sheds itslef in saliva without u knowing it.

again yes.