What job can a 15 year old get in the UK?

Well im 15 in November and want a job for some extra money, id be happy do do babysitting or working with animals, like a farm or something? Ive grown up around animals including horses, dogs, cats, rabbits.. and always looking after my cousins under 6 or maybe something like Argos xD. Does anyone know somewhere in Berkshire? or what a 15 year old can do? Thanks (:

Oh and i have no idea what category to put this is in, so sorry if its wrong (:

Best Answer

Well i turned 15 today and all i know is a hairdressers hahah. You cant take in money, handle food or operate on anyone. You could help in a pets shop, dog rescue center (although they dont usually pay) the problem with babysitting is that people dont want to hire 15 year olds no offense to you or anything but they usually hire adults, Dog walking is good :)

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Well im 15 in November and want a job for some extra money, id be happy do do babysitting or working with animals, like a farm or something? Ive grown up around animals including horses, dogs, cats, rabbits.. and always looking after my cousins under 6 or maybe something like Argos xD. Does...

Source(s): job 15 year uk: https://shortly.im/za9Pn

I don't know about the UK, but in the US (In New Jersey atleast) I can't work until I'm 16 (8 months!!!!!) and even then we can work like 15 hours a week at most, and we can't handle money until we're 18, or used any machinery which is just about everything... I hate this state.

Btw I'm going to live in the UK as soon as I graduate, so I'll be interested to know these answers, even though I'll be considerably older than 15 then

• ?

The problem is at 15 you are only legally able to work a few hours and this is why the working world available to you is paper rounds and very little else. You might find a couple of hours washing up in a pub or something by hunting around but it is really hard. Are you parents claiming all they are entitled to with your sister and getting good help and advise with this?

• lol. don't worry about the category. i live in london so i wouldn't be sure about berkshire, but since i read it i thought id answer. the best thing for you to do now is work experience which will almost certainly guarantee you some kind of job. That is the problem now days, everyone wants experience, even it is working at the till or stock room assistant. You have to be experienced!

I hope you learned something. Good Luck.

Source(s): Personal experience

Im 16 and live in NI so I am summing its the same (sorry if its not).

The only way you can get a job is if you have your insurance number which you get 3 months before your 16th birthday. You can get a job before that but it has to be cash in hand type of job

Hope this helps

• butlin

Argos Jobs Ni

don't get a job start your own business. walk dogs, babysit, rake leaves,

tutor young kids, you could even promote music events like songwriting contest with entry fees. there's nothing but crap money and disrespect working for the man, and the taxes will eat up what little reward you get for being a slave.

The person who is going to offer you a job, can judge you better, so keep on contacting all and I am sure you will get a suitable one soon

You wouldn't be able to work in Argos as you don't have a NI number (national insurance). You will get that near your 16th birthday.