If homosexuals are going to hell for not turning from their sin, aren't the divorced folks too?

So, what about the divorced/remarried folks, they too are going to hell, unless they turn from their sin by remaining celibate? Correct?

Matthew 5:32, " anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Matthew 19:9 states the same thing

Luke 16:18 same thing

1 Corinthians 6:9 says homosexuals AND adulterers will not inherit the kingdom of God.

So, considering the divorce rate is over 50% in our country...why aren't the religious folks railing against this sin.

This is over 50% of our country doomed for eternity in hell unless they turn from their sin by remaining celibate. I think you fundies need to start preaching the word...dontcha think?

Churches rail against the gay part of 1 Corinthians 6:9 but, skip right over this part that affects so many more of their church members...why the double standard? Afraid of alienating over 50% of your congregation?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

It's not religion, it's publicity.

If you want to get attention and support for your cause, you go with whatever gets people riled up, and conveniently ignore issues that might actually affect society.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

did we say they won't? no, cause ive never heard someone say that, so you just made up an entire group of people who think divorcees wont go to Hell. i do not believe divorce is okay ever, no matter the circumstance. i do not belive homosexuality is okay. according to the Bible, if they do not repent, they will go to Hell. stop trying to make an argument out of nothing.

• 1 decade ago

Who says all homosexuals go to hell? Christians believe the only requirement of salvation is faith.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes you're 100% right. The bible talks more about prostitution than homosexuality. Jesus never said anything about gays either. Religious people just want to use the Bible as an excuse to hate on gays!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • "The whole thing is so patently infantile, so foreign to reality, that to anyone with a friendly attitude to humanity it is painful to think that the great majority of mortals will never be able to rise above this view of life."

• 1 decade ago

3I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Good point. I hope people bringing these things up will stop silly Christains in their tracks

Source(s): Atheist
  • 1 decade ago

Well,since I divorced my ex because she was unfaithful I'm still good.

Source(s): hd
  • 1 decade ago

Again with the spam.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Depends on whom you ask...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.