If homosexuals go to hell for not turning from sin, won't the divorced go there too?

So, what about the divorced/remarried folks, they too are going to hell, unless they turn from their sin by remaining celibate? Correct?

Matthew 5:32, " anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Matthew 19:9 states the same thing

Luke 16:18 same thing

1 Corinthians 6:9 says homosexuals AND adulterers will not inherit the kingdom of God.

So, considering the divorce rate is over 50% in our country...why aren't the religious folks railing against this sin.

This is over 50% of our country doomed for eternity in hell unless they turn from their sin by remaining celibate. I think you fundies need to start preaching the word...dontcha think?

Churches rail against the gay part of 1 Corinthians 6:9 but, skip right over this part that affects so many more of their church members...why the double standard? Afraid of alienating over 50% of your congregation?

Favorite Answer

You, my good sir, have hit the nail on the head. When called out for not following their own rule book, so-called "christians" can only yell out, "Look over there! Queers are getting married!"

It's their only defense.

HOOPLA!

Rock E. Horror

• Nicole

That is a good question. The Bible does have some exceptions where divorce is excusable, such as cases of adultery. However, divorce would rarely if ever be the right choice, because of God's example of forgiveness between himself and Israel. That aside, many Christians are very against divorce and did indeed rail against it around he time that it became legal for people to get divorced simply because they don't want to be married. The reason we don't now is not so much because we don't care, but because there are bigger issues on the table and we have already lost that battle anyway. The reason Christians are fighting homosexual marriage so strongly right now is because thy still have a chance to reverse it. We will probably lose, but it would be wrong to just let it happen. One more point to make is that many consider homosexuality to be worse than divorce for this reason. Divorce is looked at as a relatively quick act. Once done, it is difficult to undo. But homosexuality is a constant defiance of God and some would even say that it is a worse one. However, I would like to correct the people that claim that gays will go to hell simply for that one thing. Romans 3: 23 says that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. So we would all go to Hell, except that God is willing to forgive us for ALL of our sins. Yes, even Homosexuality.

I once had a pastor who told me I wasn't "faithful" because I did not attend the Sunday night service, I worked afternoons 6 days a week,

Sunday night was the one evening I could spend with my family.

This same pastor divorced his wife, they both remarried. He still attends a church in that denomination, I'm sure he is there on Sunday evenings and still thinks he is faithful.

Next month I'll be married to my one and only wife for 36 yrs., I'll let God sort us out in the end.

• Bret

You are assuming that homosexuality is a sin. It's not. Just because some old book says it is, doesn't mean a hill of beans to me. But, if you are trying to successfully argue that the bible believers pick several chapters and verses that discuss "men lying with men", why not also pick the verses that say that eating shellfish is a sin and women speaking out in the church is a sin and on and on and on...

I am totally sick of the discussion and choose to bow out gracefully. I am not christian, so their arguments fall on my ears as moans of the idiotic.

Bret

That is all BS!!! None of us know where we will end up for doing anything!!! I have yet to meet anyone who has been to heaven or hell, and doubt if anyone has, most people who claim they have are crazy and we all say that!!!! Go to conservipedia.com and look and see what these fools are trying to do to the bible!!!! All that stuff is fiction!!!

Not everyone is a christian and many of us don't believe such things, I know I don't. If they alienated the divorced population they'd have far fewer people to preach to and their funds would dry up very quickly.

• auty

Bingo

"Afraid of alienating over 50% of your congregation?" The answer is right in that question.

You hit the nail on the head, brother.

But then, people who spend their time gloating over whom they think will be in hell really haven't got the first clue about Jesus or his Love.

Christians are hypocrites. They pick and choose which parts of the bible to believe.

I think you'll like this video (what constitutes a Bible based marriage)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFkeKKszXTw

Youtube thumbnail