If homosexuals go to hell, for not turning from their sin, will obese go to hell for not turning from gluttony?

I do not believe the following to be true...but, I want a fundamentalist's view...it seems they like to pick and choose which scriptures to follow...so, how do you explain away the fact that so many church goers are overweight? Will they go to hell for continuing to sin? If someone dies fat, obviously, they... show more I do not believe the following to be true...but, I want a fundamentalist's view...it seems they like to pick and choose which scriptures to follow...so, how do you explain away the fact that so many church goers are overweight? Will they go to hell for continuing to sin?

If someone dies fat, obviously, they did not turn from their sin of gluttony. So, from a literal interpretation of scripture, they are going to hell. Correct?

Proverbs 23:2 even goes so far as to say, "put a knife to your throat if you are given to gluttony."

II Peter 1:6 says that a Christian must have self-control...an obese person obviously does not exercise self-control

Philippians 3:19 says"...their God is in their stomach...their mind is on earthly things."...they are not of God

And, I Corinthians 6:19-20 says, "your body is a temple of God...honor God with your body

additional reading Proverbs 23:20-21, II Peter 1:5-7, II Timothy 3:1-9...all about your body, self control, etc...

Given that obesity a big problem facing America...and that unrepentant sinners/gluttons go to hell...why don't churches rail against fat people?
Update: My point being, fundamentalists spend so much time picking on the supposed sin of homosexuality...but, they ignore the other sins that are so more prevelant in our society.....there are a lot more obese people than there are gay people.....just saying.