Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Do you think J.K. Rowling will write anymore Harry Potter Books?

I really love the HP series. I would love her to write a prequel, but I seriously doubt she will. What does everyone else think?

Favorite Answer

J.K. Rowling intends to write a Hogwarts Encyclopedia of sorts. There is a Harry Potter Lexicon already out, but hopefully it will be much more detailed than that.

Rowling has stated she will write no more further Harry Potter books. With Voldemort dead, there is nowhere else she can go with the series. Harry Potter and Voldemort's struggle was the center of the books.

There definitely could be another series written as a prequel to Harry Potter. She has given enough backstory on the "First Wizarding War", that would spark quite a bit of interest. Unfortunately the odds are she won't do it. She did write an 800 word prequel for an auction, and talked about how addictively the words flowed again on paper. Still the prequel is probably all we will see.

J.K. Rowling is definitely a fantastic writer. We will just have to look forward to what other projects she does, if any, outside of the world of Harry Potter.

• Huma M

J. K. Rowling has repeatedly denied that she will write any more Harry Potter books.

But I sincerely hope that she writes a prequel or even a series about the early years that includes the Marauders when they were at school. Sort of like how they entered Hogwarts, who their family and friends were, their everyday shenanigans, when they joined the Order of the Phoenix, clashes with Voldemort, etc. She could stop right at the end when Harry survives, so that the HP books take over.

It won't strictly be HP, but it would be related. That would be wonderful!

Her own stated intentions do not really include Harry Potter:

"Rowling has stated that she plans to continue writing.[80] In an interview with Stephen Fry in 2005, Rowling claimed that she would much prefer to write any subsequent books under a pseudonym; however she conceded to Jeremy Paxman in 2003 that if she did, the press would probably "find out in seconds."[81] In 2006, Rowling revealed that she had finished writing a few short stories and another children's book (a "poRowling has stated that she plans to continue writing.[80] In an interview with Stephen Fry in 2005, Rowling claimed that she would much prefer to write any subsequent books under a pseudonym; however she conceded to Jeremy Paxman in 2003 that if she did, the press would probably "find out in seconds."[81] In 2006, Rowling revealed that she had finished writing a few short stories and another children's book (a "political fairy story") about a monster, aimed at a younger audience than Harry Potter readers.[82]

She is not planning to write an eighth Harry Potter book, and has stated, "I can't say I'll never write another book about that world just because I think, what do I know, in ten years' time I might want to return to it but I think it's unlikely."[83] However, Rowling has said she will be writing an encyclopedia of Harry Potter's wizarding world consisting of various unpublished material and notes.[84] Any profits from such a book would be given to charity.[85] During a news conference at Hollywood's Kodak Theatre in 2007, Rowling, when asked how the encyclopedia was coming along, said, "It's not coming along, and I haven't started writing it. I never said it was the next thing I'd do."[86] As of the end of 2007, Rowling has said that the encyclopaedia could take up to ten years to complete, stating "There is no point in doing it unless it is amazing. The last thing I want to do is to rush ­something out".[60]

In July 2007, Rowling said that she wants to dedicate "lots" of her time to her family, but is currently "sort of writing two things", one for children and the other for adults.[87] She did not give any details about the two projects but did state that she was excited because the two book situation reminded her of writing the Philosopher's Stone, explaining how she was then writing two books until Harry took over.[88] She stated in October 2007 that her future work was unlikely to be in the fantasy genre, explaining, "I think probably I've done my fantasy ... it would be incredibly difficult to go out and create another world that didn't in some way overlap with Harry's or maybe borrow a little too much from Harry."[89] In November 2007, Rowling said that she was working on another book, a "half-finished book for children that I think will probably be the next thing I publish."[90] In March 2008, Rowling confirmed that her "political fairy tale" for children was nearing completion.[91]

In March 2008, Rowling revealed in interview that she had returned to writing in Edinburgh cafés, intent on composing a new novel for children. "I will continue writing for children because that's what I enjoy," she told The Daily Telegraph. "I am very good at finding a suitable café; I blend into the crowd and, of course, I don't sit in the middle of the bar staring all around me."[92] "

wl

No..... because she herself had said in one of her interviews that she stopped writing the HP series. Moreover the story can't continue any more as Voldemort is died.

But she had written some of the books taught in Hogwarts, like

Quidditch through Ages

Fantastic Beasts and where to find them etc.

no. there r 7 years of Hogwarts. Harry, Ron, Hermione, & Ginny are all already out of school & they are all married with CHILDREN in Hogwarts. it is implied that they all lived happily ever after & Harry's scar never bothered him again. also, voldemort is dead, so there wouldnt really be a point in writing more.

although, i personally would LOVE if she wrote a prequel to HP about when James, Sirius, & Lupin were at Hogwarts. Sirius is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE character & i also love James & Lupin.

I doubt she will make a prequel. I think she will start writing a whole new and exciting series. She will keep writing books.

Apparently she plans to write a "Hogwarts Encyclopedia." Let's hope she does.

I intensely doubt it. She planned those seven out for ten years. She said there would be seven, and she's sticking to it.

Yes.

I hear it will be titled: The Ghastly Ghost of Harry Potter.