how long does inner lip tattoo last?

So, me and my cousin are getting a lip tattoo. I was wondering how long YOUR inner lip tattoo has lasted.

i dont want answers saying its a dumb idea or that they last forever because they dont last forever. your mouth has high acid content and it breaks down and absorbed the pigment.

Favorite Answer

I've had mine for a month, touch up free and its still looks fresh. My friend didn't have his touched up and now, after a year, its COMPLETELY gone. My tattoo guy, has had his for 20 years.

I've head of people's fading completely away the day after they got it.

It all depends on your body.

Oh, and by the way, it doesn't hurt anywhere near as bad as people say its does.

Source(s): I have many tattoos, including my inner lip

Inside Of Lip Tattoo

It really depends on if you go to an artist that has experience tattooing the inner lip. A lot of people won't go deep enough and it'll fade super fast. It also depends on whether or not you chew on your inner lip (I do, so it would last like a month for me, lol). Just go to an experienced artist go for it.

Mine faded quick, but since the initial fade (due to me biting my lip) it's stayed about the same for the last year. I've seen ones done years ago and they still seem about the same. It's different per person, but the common misconception is that they don't last more than a year or two.

Tattoo Gallery, Lettering, Photos & More

They last forever, they don't fade completely away. In time, they look like an ink blob on your inner lip, but the ink is always there.

Source(s): Shop owner, in the business 15 years.

I've had mine for almost 10 years and it's not faded at all . I got it with two friends and they also still have theirs ten years later .

I've had mine for seven years now and it hasn't faded at all.

• Ken

ya, it will never go away 100%. isnt this fad over and done with yet?