Question for Christians who believe ONLY Christians go to Heaven...?

For Chrstians who think every human has an EQUAL CHANCE to develop a personal relationship with Jesus.......

....... why does it appear as though this personal relationship is more likely to develop out of certain cultures and is very unlikely to develop in others?

For example, the percentage of Christians in Japan in less than 1%.

That means that, at most, 1% of Japanese have developed a personal relationship with Jesus. If everyone has an equal chance, this would mean that only 1% of all humans are true Christians. (Or are souls born in Japan less likely to become true Christians?)

Also, is it pointless to attempt to foster a relationship with Jesus among our children because this will not influence their liklihood of developing such a relationship?

For Christians who think that certain cultures, or certain types of upbringing, are more likely to produce individuals who develop a personal relationship with Jesus ...........

...............is this relationship an unfair criteria since we did not choose the time and place of our births or the way our parents would raise us?

(true Christians = having a personal relationship with Jesus = believing Christ died for our sins and striving to follow His teachings)

mimjoy -- I don't see how that answers the question. you've given an exemption clause to a group of people (those who have never heard about Jesus) but haven't addressed the overwhelming cultural influences that seem to be present even in cultures that have heard of Jesus.

Dr. -- Is that any different than saying you don't know? I don't know either but I concluded that not only Christians go to heaven.

Tuberoot --

1) I am a Christian, too.

2) What do you mean, "chosen by God"?

3) I agree that God could choose an unjust method of judgment (and we could play with the terms and concede that any method He chose would be definitionally "just" in some sense), but I believe that He would not because He is just. That's why I don't believe He excludes non-Christians from heaven

Renee -- I don't see how that answers the question. I think you just re-iterated the beliefs I was challenging.

• ty
    Best Answer

72% of Americans believe in heaven.

58% believe in hell...

LOL

You present some good points & are fair in presenting them. One may also wonder about all that lived before the Savior's birth & knew not of him. In 1 Tim 2:4 it says "who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth." There is but one way to be saved & that is through the blood that was shed for all.

Christian: one who follows in the teachings of Jesus.Perhaps your concerns are premature..........Not even the savior know when the end will come.

“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.

—Matthew 24:36-44

All will know of him & have an opportunity to accept.

Every Knee Will Bow, Every Tongue Confess: Isaiah 45:23 No one can confess...unless they know of him.

1) I am a Christian.

2) I do NOT believe everyone is chosen by God. (I am not a Calvinist).

3) As I understand it, God's right to make the choices concerning who the chosen are is not up to consensus.

I don't think you can conclude that not only Christians go to heaven. When you read the Bible, it says that there cannot be forgiveness for sin without the shedding of blood. Jesus did shed his precious blood for us, but He cannot force anyone to receive it. Thus, out of our own free will we have to believe and recieve the blood for our sins to be forgiven.

The Bible makes it clear that God is too holy to behold iniquity, that is why we have to put on the righteousness of Christ. So when He looks at us he won't see our sins, rather He'd see the righteousness of Christ.

Fact: If you are born in a "christian county" you are most likely to be raised christian.

Fact: If you are born in a "Muslim" country you are most likely to be raised muslim.

So the "accident" of birth dictates in most cases what religion you will believe.

Same thing applies to patriotism.

Jesus was the last blood sacrifice. Believe this no matter what you call yourself, and you will live again.

• DR.

It it written "The gospel was preached to every creature". How he did it, I don't know. I'm glad he's God.

• mimjoy

I believe Jesus will be the judge but if you hear about him and reject him you will end up in hell.

It does not matter anyway... neither heaven or hell actually exist.

Burn in hell losers!!!

I'm kidding i'm kidding